48 - ARCHIE

"SO KARTAN GOT BACK to me and said the studio is all ours," I tell Lara as she comes out of the bathroom.

Wrapped in a towel, her brown hair dripping down her back, she looks so beautiful, so beautiful I forget my train of thought and my mouth bobs open and closed like a goldfish. But then I get an idea.

"I don't think you're clean enough, young lady," I tell her, pushing into her before picking her up into my arms.

She squeals as she picks up on what I'm doing but by the time she protests, the water is on and we're both soaking.

Shaking her head, she laughs as I put her down, placing my lips gently on hers, smiling as the water cascades over both of us.

"Just making sure I'm clean too, huh?" I chuckle as Lara undoes my belt and fly, pulling my shorts down.

"You can never be too careful," she answers, lowering herself, making me gasp as she takes hold of me. "Time to clean you up," she whispers, and all I can do is hold on as she tips me over the edge.

***

SHE TAKES AGES TO get ready, so after changing again and putting my wet clothes in the wash along with my bedclothes, I wait for her in the living room. I'm just texting Jared about next weekend when she emerges into the living room holding a bag - a mysterious bag - and I frown as she smirks at  me, knowing the contents of the bag is intriguing me.

My jaw is on the floor again as she walks past me to grab some grapes from the bowl and she giggles at the fact it's only my head that's moved. "Come on, Hot Stuff," she says as she opens the door, beckoning with her fingers.

"What's in the bag?" I ask her, finally able  to use my legs to walk over to my own stuff before joining her by the door.

"Never you mind. Something for later..." She adds when I raise my eyebrows. She kisses my cheek softly before she walks away from me again.

As we get to the car, I put her bag next to mine in the boot and jump in the driver's seat next to her. She looks nervous so I ask her what's wrong.

"Are you absolutely sure we're okay to be there?" she asks.

"Yes. Look," I tell her, pulling out my phone to show her the message from Kartan. "He's even rung security."

She looks impressed. "The teachers really do like you if you've managed to get away with this."

I shrug. "They like that I'm showing initiative and doing some art in my own time. A couple of years ago I could barely hold a pencil, let alone draw anything."

"Well, that's something then. So, if you're sure, then step on it Jack."

"Jack?" I ask with a frown.

She smiles. "Take me to the stars."

I lean across to kiss her softly, not saying anything more before I start the engine and pull away, onto the main road towards campus.

As Kartan promised, security waves my car through to the Art building car park without any problems, and within ten minutes, we're in the studio getting set up.

"Let me know when you're ready for me," she calls from behind the screen she disappeared behind with her bag.

"Nearly there," I call back, just arranging the last of my charcoals.

Just as I'm putting the last one down, she emerges, leaning on the screen and her good leg, her hair cascading down her back in curls, wearing a dress that wasn't dissimilar to a toga. My jaw is on the floor as I take her in, and her cheeks redden under my gaze.