92 - ARCHIE

"YOU TWO HAVE FUN!"

I hear Charlotte say it to Tessa as Danny heads towards me, going in for a man hug.

"Well, Archie has classes so I of course I will."

"Hey!" I joke and she turns back to me and smiles.

Despite her definite lack of sleep, no thanks to screaming into the early hours, she still looks heartstoppingly beautiful. With no make up, she's dressed like a miniature basketball player, longer shorts and a Knicks jersey, seeing as we're off to a game later. She looks amazing. Only Tessa can pull off absolutely anything.

"You better look after her," Charlotte says, turning her attentions to me.

"You know I will. Of course I will."

She points at me before she wraps her arms around my neck. "It's been so good to see you, Arch." She kisses my cheek. "And you've been an incredible host. I can't say we'll be able to do New York the same way ever again now that we've seen it through your eyes."

I chuckle. On the days I could, I took them to all the secret spots, the city's secret hideaways that tourists could never find. Being a college student here, and being friends with proper New Yorkers, gives you an edge.

"Hey, you're welcome. It has been so great to have you. You guys have brightened up my life these last few weeks, that's for sure. I'm just sad it's all gone so fast."

"We'll be back."

She smiles at me before heading back to Tessa.

Tessa is going to miss her. Having crazy hours, being a med student, I know the two of them barely see each other, so this these last few weeks must have been really nice. I'd always been impressed how the two of them can quite literally talk about anything, and can talk for hours on end, laughing, pulling ridiculous faces. Charlotte encourages Tessa, in everything, and it's a joy to see her completely relax and enjoy herself.

"I'll see you when I'm back. I'll come and see you in Oxford. Come bother you," Tessa says as she tucks herself under my arm. "You won't be able to get rid of me that easy!" She giggles.

"Er, yeah, we have wedding stuff to plan!" Charlotte beams excitedly.

I chuckle, knowing I have stag do stuff to plan too. But I know Charlotte's will be a lot more wild than Danny's. It's why the two of them work so well. She's crazy enough for the both of them.

"Call me when you land okay." Tessa moves out of my arm and hugs Charlotte one more time. "And please check my dad is okay, and give him a big hug from me." She leans over and hugs Danny again too, pointing at him the way Charlotte did to me. "You look after her until I get back."

"I will, I promise." He chuckles at her but rolls his eyes. No one needs to tell him twice.

After a few more waves, and a few tears from Tessa, we watch them disappear through security before we move. As we walk back to the car, her arm is around my waist, mine is around her shoulder, and she fits into my side just as she always has. Her fingers are moving against my shirt, but I don't say or do anything, liking the comfort those fingers are giving me, reminding me of last night.

She'd pulled me out a nightmare yesterday. It has been the first time anyone has ever been able to do that, and for a moment, I wasn't sure if she was real.

I'd always dreamed of her that way, but as I went to touch her, she would disappear. This time though, I could touch her. She didn't evaporate or start to disappear in front of my eyes. She held me, made sure I was okay, comforted me, and it worked. It really worked. My heart rate slowed, I relaxed, and for the first time in a long time, I got true relief. I could feel the usual panic settling all over me, and yet with one touch from her, it disappeared.