28 - TESSA

JAMIE AND I HAD been together for seven months now, and the only question constantly floating through my mind is simple. How did I get so lucky?

I was still waiting for something to tell me he wasn't perfect, because so far he had been.

After what I'd told him about Archie, and with him surprising me beautifully with arranging for my parents to come up on Christmas and New Year, I don't know what I've done to deserve him. Some days I feel like I'm dreaming. Archie had told me I deserved someone who could give me the world, but I never expected to find a guy who had done that. And continues to do so every day.

Since New Year, the two of us have been inseparable. On weekdays, because my house is closer to both campus and Black Flag, Jamie stays. On weekends, we go back to Rob's house. And even though we spend so much time together, I know there is still so much for me to learn about him. And with the summer coming up fast, with Jamie doing an internship at a firm in London, I was finally going to see the only side of him I hadn't seen yet. I was very excited.

The thought of Jamie in a t-shirt and chino shorts was enough to send me into a frenzy. But a crisp suit every day? Well, that was enough to send delicious shivers up my spine, making me not care it was beyond too early to wake him up. I try to resist, but after a few minutes, I can't help but tickle my fingers down his chest.

He stays still for a minute, letting me enjoy my exploring, but soon he stirs, pulling me closer as his grip tightens on my hip as my fingers go lower and lower.

He sighs in appreciation as I slip my hand into his shorts, but he spoils my fun by pulling my hand away, linking our fingers.

"You're up early..." he whispers, turning me around as he kisses the back of my neck.

"I was about to help you with that actually," I joke, twisting around in his arms, kissing him soundly as I roll on top of him.

He snorts attractively through our kiss, making our teeth hit together and we both flinch apart.

"You seem to be in good spirits this morning," he says, rubbing his mouth.

I shrug as best I can, leaning forward to kiss his jaw. "I can't seem to get enough of you these days, that's all."

"Me neither, babe."

He checks his watch quickly and I giggle when he groans, before rolling us over, pressing me into the mattress, pushing his hips up into mine, causing friction to ignite something in me.

I bite my lip as he moves against me again.

"But seeing as we're both... up..." he whispers into my ear, reaching between us, pulling my pyjama shorts down.

***

LATER THAT WEEK, I'M sitting at my usual booth at Black Flag, waiting for Jamie to finish.

I'm half way through Jane Eyre again, probably for the hundredth time, but I always read it at this time of year, so I don't want to break a habit now. Today is Jamie's last shift before we head back to London in a couple of days, so I thought I'd come and surprise him. Although at this point, me being here isn't really much of a surprise anymore, because I'm always here.

"Hey beautiful!"

I look up after hearing Jamie's voice from my left. He's still in his work shirt, but he isn't wearing his apron, so it looks like he has finally finished. He's been saying 'five more minutes' for the last hour, and I can see that his bright blue eyes look tired, but the smile on his face is still dazzling, as always.