Birthday

Hajara POV:

"Hajara!" Sarah yelled her lung out.

"What?" I whined as Sarah jumped on my bed. I bobbed up and down, I just wanted peace for few minutes but no, my family had to come and make sure that I was busy with something.

"It's Saturday, November the third." she yelled. It's been two months already since school started and things are getting harder each day and exams are coming closer. Exams?! Yup there goes up my stress level. 

"Wait, is it my birthday?" I asked sleepily. 

"YES," she grinned wildly as I got up stretched my arms. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"  Her long silky hair was  tied a long pony tail that jumped alongside with her. She's sixteen but still acted like my baby sister.

"SARAH, KEEP IT DOWN, people in China can hear you." my mom yelled from downstairs. "Oh and happy birthday sweetheart!"

I grinned, "Thanks, mom." 

"Sorry MOM!" Sarah yelled back rolling her eyes. "Get up sis we have a big day ahead of us." She smiled with that wild grin of hers as she jumped off the bed and pulled me down with all her energy. "Get up lazy bum, you have to have fun on your birthdays not sleep!" 

"Sure," I groaned. 

My life's a mess!

******************************************************** 

After getting dressed, I headed to the kitchen,"Hey mom, what are you baking?" I questioned sniffing the aroma.

"Your birthday cake. Why don't you have the chocolate pancakes that Sarah has made for you." She smiles warmly as I return it. Yes, we weren't that religious. Birthdays was still celebrated in my family even though I hated it.

 My mother was a Makeup artist and my father was a pilot. He was barely around with us, he travelled and bunked in other countries all the time. His a lucky man, but I miss him quiet often. 

"Dear, did you do your dour (revision of the Quran) after praying Fajr?" My mother interrupted my thoughts.

"Yup." 

"Good cause if you don't review your juz then you'll forget the Quran and it will literally wipe out from the heart and I don't want that to happen." She lectured sternly. "You worked really hard to achieve it."

"Chill mom, I did it in the morning. I spent three hours reviewing." I replied bluntly making her relax. 

I sat at the table picking at the pancake Sarah made. I loved Sarah's pancakes, they were always awesome. "Mom, I'll miss Sarah's pancakes when she's married in few years." I joked.

"Ya you sure will." She smiled sadly with a look I couldn't really detect.  

"Mom, is everything okay?" I asked sensing something mysterious.

"Yup dear." She said looking away, "Anyways, Sarah wants you to go outside with her. She wants to spend the day with you." She quickly changed the subject but I guess... I'll let it go this time if she's not willing to share.

"Okay." I finished my breakfast and started heading upstairs. 

"Hajara!" my mom called sounding sad again.

"Yeah?" I turned around and gave her a questioning look. 

She looked away again. "I think you will be separated from Sarah and us, soon." Clearly holding back her tears.

"What do you mean?" I cocked my brows.

"Nothing. Forget it, just get ready." 

What does she mean?