The War Begins

Yusuf POV:

It was the second week of December, Benyamin opened the front door allowing the chilly wind to gush in the house making my bone freeze to the core. 

"Why the hell did you open the door, man?" I let out a shudder and lunged for the nearest blanket.

"Just need some fresh air." 

"No you don't need freezing air." I stomped up from the sofa and closed the door for him.

"But, bro..." Benyamin whined. "My mind wasn't working so I needed fresh air." 

"I can totally see your mind isn't working. Getting cold air to freshen up your mind will just freeze it even more. Please find some other solution." I huffed out angrily. "We can't risk the military seeing us. The war is growing outrages by the days."

"The boys come to stay at our house for few months and its already like we have kids in the house." Sarah grumbled out to Hajara angrily throwing Benyamin's and my mess in the corner. "You guys have to clean all that." She ordered us slumping on the sofa, pointing at the pile of mess in the corner.

I slumped back on the sofa pressing my face in my hands.  School was going hard on us, I'm glad just one more month and school is done for us and we get Sarah's passport and we are gone; I can live with Hajara and live happily ever after. 

I picked up the remote and turned the TV on. Saturday mornings were always family time, when all of us gather around the TV and just talk about life or simply watch something. 

"Each month our parents come over. Guess we gotta clean the house, aunt and uncle are coming next week. They'll think we are irresponsible people!" Sarah announced looking at us irritably. Benyamin took a seat beside her putting her arms around her shoulder lazily. 

"Yeah, we'll deal with that on the day." Benyamin said carelessly reassuring her. Sarah scowled back in return. I never understood what Benyamin saw in that girl, she was an angry women. Well she was confident, brave, and never shy to argue back like her sister. Maybe Allah does combine two people from two different worlds to make a couple.

Suddenly a womanly voice erupted through the TV grabbing all four of our attention. The reporters 3D hologram popped up reporting the latest news.

"Violence has begun in Middlefield Highschool in Las Vagas which has been intruded by the German military. The Camera caught few men in green uniform who were said to barge into an ongoing school where many students were shot ruthlessly. Twenty student were found dead while fifty were found injured and the rest of the young student were not found. We are suspecting that they escaped through the emergency door placed in the corner of the school. We are calling all schools for a lock down, I repeat we are calling all schools for a lock down. Seems like the war has begun!"

Benyamin laid down his biology textbook on his lap and looked up worriedly. "What the hell? They can't just attack students like that without a warning. That's ridiculous! That's just killing innocent lives."

"Why are the Americans just sitting back?" I asked annoyed, pointing the question at myself.

"Cause this is 2070's, Americans are not interested in war anymore like the past. America hasn't fought for decades, it's not the 1960's anymore. Just watch, before the president has the ability to force anyone, everyone is just going to flee from the country." He said deeply thinking. Benyamin was always the nerd and also the cool one of the house, he knew exactly the answer to everything. I sometimes thought he'll end up becoming a scientist or some kind of nerd related to that sort.

 I, one the other hand was smart too, it's probably because of the Quran in my heart which boosted my IQ level. People say memorizing the Quran will give you success everywhere which was extremely true. Have Allah's words with you, Allah will help you wherever you go.