Married life

Hajara POV:

I got up to face another day of school again. Groaning I looked at the clock, it was 7:30, I lazily got up and started getting ready after banging on Sarah's door. "SARAH GET UP!" I yelled for the last time. I quickly wore my blue abaya and transformed my hair into a messy bun and slipped on my headscarf  making sure it was securely wrapped. 

"Girls, wear some makeup today because you need to look good in front of you husbands." My mom yelled from the kitchen happily. I rolled my eyes but still followed her orders obediently even though I had no liking towards makeup, aren't they suppose to like the way how we are?  I took my mascara, eyeliner, light pink lipstick and applied them on. They weren't too much but simple, just like how I wanted myself to look. Not under the spotlight!

"Why mom? Doesn't Benyamin already like my face the way it already is. I hate makeup!" Sarah groaned storming to her room.She finally gave in at last and listened to my mom, adding light makeup to her face similar to mines.  

As yesterdays memories flooded my mind, I grossed out. Yuck I was kissed by a man! I would've backed away from him if I knew he would do such thing but what can I say... I was paralyzed with fear.

"Sarah and Hajara, the boy's are going to be here in ten minutes to pick you girls up. Be ready!" My mom yelled, shattering my thoughts.

I quickly ran downstairs and wore my shoes hastily while my mom came to hand me our lunches. "You girls gotta learn how to cook. Mom can't cook for you all the time and what are you going to feed Yusuf and your future kids? I don't want to see my favourite nephew Yusuf and grand kids starve!" My mom ranted.

"Thanks Mom, I love you!" I interrupted, placing a kiss on her cheeks trying to stop her from rambling. That's when the door bell rang loudly interrupting our conversation. 

"Oh I believe the boys are here dear," Mom ran towards the door, slightly opening it revealing Yusuf. "Assalamualaikum, Yusuf how are you son?" She beamed energically, pinching his cheeks tightly.

"I'm fine auntie. Is Hajara and Sarah ready?" He grinned politely, hugging his aunt after rubbing his red cheeks.

"Yeah Hajara is but... SARAH ARE YOU READY?" My mother yelled furiously. "Aww, you guys already are falling in love, no wonder you were coming to pick her up." My mom cooed, overexagerrating things while Yusuf flushed red.

"YEAH MOM, COMING!"Sarah shouted from upstairs.

"Auntie, you were the one who told us to pick them up remember?" Yusuf arched his eyebrow and looked at my mom wierdly as if she knocked her head in the wall or something.

My mom ignored him and shooed us away. "Yeah take Hajara in the car, make sure you take care of her properly she's my favourite daughter and your my favourite nephew." Yusuf's eyes landed on me for the first time and he gave me a hard long stare, studying me. 

"Moom, I'm not a baby I can take of myself." I complained knowing that my cheeks were already heating up. Can't he stop staring? 

Mom quickly shooed us out of the house, not wanting to talk to us anymore. I silently followed Yusuf to his car and noticed Benyamin at the drivers seat gripping the wheels. 

"What are you doing here man? I mean at my seat." Yusuf fumed, gripping the car's door handle. "You can't even drive properly, I don't want you to make a fool of yourself in front of your wife on the first day."

"Please bro, I love you. I' ll give you chocolate. I'll do your laundry which means even your underwears... pleaassse." Benyamins whined giving his brother the puppy eyes, making me giggle. Yusuf on the other hand was blushing furiously.