Anniversary!

Sarah Pov:

Last night was so much comforting than the last five years. 

Worry and sorrow were gone from my heart, my broken heart was now mended because of Benyamin's arrival. I no longer needed to worry about work and my son all the time-- maybe I can take one role and he can take the other. But that doesn't matter anymore, all that matters is my son's happiness. When he is happy, I am too!

I woke up stretching my arms and finding myself in yesterday's dress and leggings. I seriously needed to go back home and get my clothes. I rubbed my eyes to remove the remaining sleep away from my eyes. Suddenly, I heard a manly chuckle. 

What? 

There was a man here?

With horror, I abruptly got up to wrap my scarf around my head scanning the room, weirdly finding no trace of anyone. Maybe I am hallucinating!

 I got up, removed my scarf, and made a high pony tail allowing my brown hair to sway freely. My son was sleeping peacefully with a huge smile on his face showing off his adorable dimples. 'Is this something normal?'  Maybe he's having a silly dream. I pressed a soft kiss on each of his cheek as yesterdays memories came flooding back. 

Huzaifah opened his eyes just then with a cheeky grin and jumped of the bed. "Shhh." I whispered. He nodded immediately understanding that his cousins were sleeping next to him, and he should be quiet. He quickly said the dua after waking up, and ran in the washroom doing his job and coming out while I took the downstairs washroom.

 The house seemed abnormally quiet. Where was everybody?

"Huzaifah, where's your dad?" I yelled after checking the whole house except for the dark basement that gave me the creeps. Where did everyone go?

"I don't know." My son yelled back from upstairs. Did my whole family leave me now? I looked around the lifeless house with no signs of laughter or happiness. I felt a hot tears sliding down my cheek. 

'Oh, shut up Sarah, stop jumping to conclusions. Where can they possibly go? You' re just scared of being alone.' I told myself wiping the tears away. I have to act strong for Huzaifah!

"Huzaifah come here." I commanded, he ran down the stairs to my side with a grin.

"What?" we both said together in unison.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked curiously, narrowing my eyes. "Are you up-to some mischief?

"Noooo I am not, why are you calling me?" He asked innocently.

"Is your dad upstairs?" I asked.

"No, I already wandered inside every room but all of them are empty." He started checking the downstairs rooms. "Well except for our room, Abu Hurairah and Hawa are in there sleeping.

"Where's grandpa and grandma?" I questioned, arching my eyebrow.

"I don't know." He said with a grin. Wait, am I missing something here?

"Mom, you're the only adult now in the house." My son cheered looking at me. His eyes soon fell on the creepy basement door. No, not that floor!

 "Mom did you check the basement?" He asked as he open the door slightly revealing lights that suddenly turned into darkness getting me scared even more. I absolutely hated basements!

"No, I didn't. Close the door immediately!" I commanded, acting strong for Huzaifah but quivering inwardly.

"Mom are you scared? You know Allah is with you right, there is no worries?" He said sensing my fear while he continued climbing down the dark basement steps. The light switch was placed all the way down in bottom of the basement, so whoever descended down these stair felt the terror slowly. Okay, maybe I am just exaggerating things, maybe I am the only one who feels the terror when going down the stairs.