Wedding

Hajara POV: 

Finally my wedding day had arrived, I am so nervous just by thinking about today and tomorrow and the day after... you know what I mean, my unraveling future after marriage. I don't get how people are so excited on their wedding day, aren't they scared? Nervous? I can feel every part of my body shake and tremble with useless fear. 

My parents were so surprised that me and Sarah never complained about the wedding being fast or Yusuf being my husband. The only reason we never complained was because the boys didn't seem that bad and we have so much in our heads already to even complain about in the first place; war, marriage, studies. And it's not like if we protest thinks well just go back to normal. Our protests will just be as useless because mother already made up her mind and when she makes her mind up it's too late to do anything.

I was dressed in the pink dress Yusuf bought me along with a pink sparkly scarf wrapped around my head. My makeup was absolutely gorgeous, when I looked in the mirror I really couldn't recognize myself. I was breathtaking!

 My sister wore the blue wedding dress and blue scarf Benyamin gave her making her look way  better than me. Her makeup made her look like a princess from heaven. 

"Yuck, this makeup is soo itchy." Sarah grumbled, acting like as if she was ready to tear off her face. She was never into girl things, she was more of a tomboy. I found it a luck that she didn't end up wearing all pink today or else who knows what she'll do.

"Awww, look your future hubby is looking at you." I cooed making Sarah meet Benyamins eyes. She quickly diverted her gaze and glared at me as if she got burned by his glances. Well can't blame her though, his eyes were blazing green!  I laughed, "Girl, you'll have to handle all the staring after your marriage." 

"Hajara!" My mom called loudly grabbing my attention. "The imam is asking you a question. Would you and Yusuf like to go first or should I send the other two?"

 What the hell? I have to get married now? I need more time!

"Those two can go first." I answered nervously, gulping down my fear and biting my lips. The last thing I wanted was to get married today. 

Sarah shot me an annoyed look. "It's just a marriage, we're not even going to be living with them in the same room. Why are you so scared?" She asked, getting up from her spot and making her way up with mom and dad to the imam. Sarah's only sixteen, how much does she even understand? After finishing school or after the war 'I' will be the first one to move in with Yusuf because after eighteen we'll be legally married. 

"Hajara come here." My uncle called me with a bright grin. I looked up to see my uncle standing in a corner with his boys, Yusuf and Benyamin. 

I nervously walked up to my uncle while biting my lips stressfully. I didn't care about my lipstick at the moment, first I gotta deal with this stupid fear of mines. Well, for me biting my lips wierdly helped me cope with fear. Wierd right? I gotta admit I am weird person. 

My uncle instantly placed his arms around me giving me some sense of comfort. "Hajara it's okay, take a deep breath everything will be okay." I tried taking deep breaths but it ended up coming out ragged. The only word that formed in my brain was 'panic' in bold words.

"How did you know I was scared?" I asked, closing my eyes, too afraid to open them. Right now, Yusuf looked like a demon to me, a demon with those devilish horns. Yeah okay, I was over imagining things. 

"Cause your face is red." My uncle replied as I shot him a nervous smile.

"Benyamin, come here!" My mother called her soon to be son- in- law who was still her nephew at the moment. She was irritated waiting there with Sarah. "Your taking forever!"