shopping

Yusuf POV:

"Darling, wake up! It's almost eleven am. We are going to the mall with Sarah and Hajara." My mom hollered opening my tightly shut curtain, clearly annoyed by my sleeping. 

The sunlight seeped inside my room jolting me awake. "MOOOM, can't you give me like a little peace? Its Saturday for Allah's sake, I literally spent the whole morning reviewing 25th and 26th chapter of the Quran and then told Benyamin to test me. It took me two whole hours." I grumbled, covering head with my pillow. My mother hated it when I woke up late, according to her I should be reviewing my Quran after Fajr so it doesn't erase from my heart and then live my day without a mornings nap. That was just unfair!

"When are we going to the mall?" I said groggily, trying to cover my eyes from the bright sun. "Ugh Mom, I could've done that, opening the curtains." 

"Like, you will do that." My mom said sarcastically, putting her hands on her hip and smirking at me. "Now get up, Hajara doesn't need to know how awful you are in the morning." She pulled my blanket off of me and started folding it. 

"B- but... but mom I need that!" I whined, stretching my arms towards it only to get a swat on my arm. 

"No buts. GET UP before I get mad and get your butt of off there myself." She yelled, irritably. She hated it when I tried to do things my way, I wonder what she's going to do when I get married? Control my life and my kids and raise them herself? Hell no, I'll never let her. 

"We are going out in thirty minutes. Hurry!" She glared at me warningly, "Benyamin's already downstairs, learn from him boy even though his younger than you." She yelled in fury before slamming the door in anger. I rolled my eyes, my mom loved his youngest son. Well I don't blame her though, Benyamin was a cool bro of mine in every way.

I got dressed and headed outside finding Benyamin at the wheels and my mom beside him in the car already. I quickly grabbed some snacks from the kitchen and hopped in the car only to listen to my moms on-going lectures about 'how Hajara would hate me if I was always late'.

 I was actually never late to be honest, but my mother will never buy my excuses whatsoever. "Being late once, means you'll be late forever." She yelled furiously when I tried arguing with her. I slumped back in my seat feeling defeated, she was totally wrong about that. I thought mothers got nicer when you get older. Too bad, mines didn't!

"We have arrived! Boys act properly, be in your best behaviours or else...." My mom narrowed her eyes making her voice sinister and looking at me making a slapping motion. Me, not Benyamin, ME, like what the hell did I do to her? She gave us both a death glare which gave me the shivers. Just kidding! But if I was five I would get damn scared. 

Me and Benyamin both somehow managed to roll our eyes at her dramatic performance.  "You two, I saw that--" My mother started angrily but was soon cut of by her sister. I internally laughed while watching her try her best to plaster a smile on her face immediately.

My Aunt smiled at us warmly, "Yusuf and Benyamin, my two adorable and handsome nephews soon to be 'son-in-laws' how are you?" My aunt beamed looking radiant as usual like the girls. She pulled my cheeks hard through the open window while I flashed her a pained smile. When she turned around, I quickly managed to rub my cheeks furiously while my cousins and Benyamin erupted in laughter.  

"Totally fine aunty right here, what about you?" I asked politely, my cheeks were probably red from all the rubbing.

"Alhamdullillah dear!" She replied as she took her seat beside my mom. I decided to drive this time while Benyamin sat beside me.

Hajara and Sarah got in the back of the van and we all were forced to listen to my mom and  aunts ongoing rants and giggles. Both my dad and uncle had to attend their jobs so they were not able to accompany us.