Surprise!

Yusuf POV:

Its been few day already since the last time I saw Hajara in the mall hugging my mother. Suspiciously, I have become curious, I didn't know they knew each other. What a small world we live in? 

'She's probably one of my mom's patient or a friend of hers, I guess.' I tried consoling myself. I tried not to think of it much but Hajara hugging my mother looked a little less professional,  they seemed more than patient and nurse. It seemed....like they shared some special bond. 

My mother is a nurse and unlike her sister, she loved working with patients than with art. Those two are sisters were from two different worlds coming from the same parents.  My Aunt Fatima had no kids and she was an makeup artist... well at least that's what I have been told. She was my mother's younger sister and also my father's brother's wife, basically my aunt in both ways. She's super sweet!

I tried not to ask my mom about Hajara, cause I know for sure that she'll just jump right up to some stupid conclusion that I am in love or something. I'd rather stay quiet than listen to her high pitched ear piercing excited screams. Yes, my family was crazy!

"Bro, moms calling us down." Benyamin said softly, slightly peeking his head in my room and closing the door behind him. 

"Sure tell her I'm coming." I yelled back, getting up and leaving my glass tablet on my unmade bed and going down to attend my mother. 

She sat in living room sofa comfortably as she looked away through the open window pondering over something. Her eyes were looking ahead at the neat lawn of ours glazed by thoughts. She was a thirty six years old young happy women. 

"Yes?" I said, breaking her from her thoughts. "Umm, you called?"

"Honey, we're going to your aunts house today, she invited us. Be ready by ... six, your dad will be waiting outside." She said looking down at her wrist watch with a mixture of worry and brightness.

"Is Beyamin going too?" I asked casually.

"Yup. He has to, he has no choice." She laughed, looking overjoyed than any of us.

"Why?" I asked raising my eyebrow. 

"You'll know when we get there, it's a surprise." 

"Okay." I said shrugging, not even knowing what to expect.

 I headed upstairs with the curiosity killing me. My aunt has never invited us to her house ever. Whenever we went too her house, we went with  mother or father accompanying us, but never alone.

 I go upstairs to finish up my homework and started practicing for exams but my mind continously drifted to my mom's words. Why's she so happy and yet worried all at once? Is it because of the war? To be honest, the teacher's are just all fools. They don't want to close down the school for this brutal warapparently cause our first semester has not finished yet. The only reason I was still planning to go to school was because there's only one month left for exams before the school shuts down completely because of the war. Only one month! I am no way redoing the semester all over again. 

 I hope everyone stays safe.

After six, I quickly got ready and wore something casual; my black jogging pants, a black shirt and my green bummer jacket. I always liked Aunt Fatima's house and unlike our house her house was always neat and pretty, full of decorations, it was pretty peaceful and cozy. It was like as if she has responsible kids who kept it clean. But, weirdly she doesn't have any kids even after twenty years of marriage. But I always knew deep down that there was something fishy whenever I entered her house, like as if she is hiding a big secret. But who knows? When I come to think of it, she didn't always let me get in her house making me more suspicious at times. She came up with pretty lame excuses to be honest like the last time she told me to "come with your mom" or "come when your a little grown up". Then she plastered this mischievous smile across her face annoying me to death.