27

Killa

It was the next morning and we arrived at the house

It was the next morning and we arrived at the house. I could sense she was nervous, so I held her hand and brushed it softly. "Remeber when you get uncomfortable we can go." I reminded her.

She smiled. "thank you". We walked inside the house and entered the dining room.  And the ladies looked at us. They were still not eating yet.

"hey Zalia" Yasmine said getting up

"hey. " Zalia greeted back. "Can we talk?"

"we'll give you guys privacy." I said pulling Auntie  outside in the garden I decided it was time to ask her about her 'flu' "what were you sick with the other day?"

She sighed looking at me.  "just a minor stomach bug"

"what?" I said confused because it was flu the other day.

"I promise it is nothing major." She smiled.

"you said it was a flu the other day.  What is really going on?" I looked at her eyes so I can see her lie.

"Xavier..."

"I deserve to know." I told her

Zalia

I looked at her, she sat down and smiled But my face remained still

But my face remained still. I still felt the hurt of her not coming to my rescue. "I want to know what happened exactly." I told her.

" I had to act dead in order to save you and when I tried to return back for you, my sister no longer lived in Chicago." She said with tears threatening to fall.

"we moved to LA. I never even knew we lived in Chicago before. " I said. My brothers never even told me that.

"then I moved to NY for a better life and I ended getting married then I moved to London permanently" she finished. I felt like she wasn't going into the full details so I let her just tell me that summary.

But I am tired of being so angry at her. I needed a better mom all my life and here she is but I need to bond with her more.  Life is too short I can't lose her again. "I am happy you're still alive even though I am still angry, but I will be okay.  Do you have to go today?"