08

~•~

~•~

Ara had spent everyday and countless hours on the track, trying to beat her time, perfect her technique, and build a strategy.

It had been a week since her first race, and she was ready to claim first place, or at least second.

Ara sat in her sports car, waiting for the lime green signal to allow her to speed off. Finally it turned green and she took off, catching up to Jungkook, but Jimin was still in first.

\\

"How exactly did you get me out of interviews and stuff?" Ara asked Namjoon as they rode back to the company.

"Eh," Namjoon shrugged his shoulders, hands gripping the steering wheel. "I told them you liked being a mystery. That it was like your trademark. Like a superhero or something."

Ara nodded, finding it strange that they let 'AJ' off so easily. She shrugged it off and smiled at the shiny trophy next to her.

"Ara, it's still squeaky clean. You don't have to look at it every five minutes." Jungkook rolled his eyes playfully, giggling when Ara glared at him.

"Are you angry I took your place as second?" Ara lifted a brow cockily, rubbing her victory as second place in his face.

He scoffed, poking his tongue to the inside of his cheek, a habit Ara had picked up from him. She giggled, finding her younger team member cute.

"I'm kidding, Jungkook." She smiled, leaning into him and resting her head in his shoulder.

"Next week, I'll claim first and you can have second place back." She smiled at him cheekily, pulling away from him.

He flicked her forehead earning an 'ouch' from her as she rubbed the targeted area.

"Children!" Namjoon shouted.

"Brat." Jungkook murmured to himself, but Ara's supersonic hearing heard it.

She gasped loudly, pointing an accusing finger at Jungkook. "The rabbit called me a brat!"

"Ahhh!" Namjoon and Kai shouted in annoyance.

\\

Jimin was taking a stroll through his neighborhood, taking in the fresh air and letting his victory from today's race marinate. He smiled at the thought, his blood racing with adrenaline for the one thing he was most passionate about. His thoughts ran smoothly through his head, until a two lettered name ruined his mood, 'AJ'. Jimin scrunched his nose, remembering how little amount of time there was between first and second. One small mistake or the lessening of the pressure off the gas petal could have ended up in a disaster, Jimin earning second place.