35

~•~

~•~

Ara watched Jimin's face turn from the loved, arrogant racer to the hurt and angered boy she loved.

The hurt in her heart spread through her heart like ink and her shaky breaths were a sign of another wave of tears.

'Please, Jimin.' Ara shook her head at the boy as she mouthed her pleading words.

After a long night of conjuring up a plan to save Jimin and keep the other drivers form harm, Namjoon and Ara had come up with nothing.

Calling the authorities was an option, but Yoongi was still deeply cared for in Namjoon' heart. Reporting him to the police would not only destroy his career, but it would also destroy Jimin's, Taehyung's, and Minoh's.

As Jimin walked past Jin, his eyes softened for the older man. A glint of shimmer sparkled in Jimin's eyes from the appearance of a developing tear. Jin's doe eyes begged Jimin the same way Ara had, but Jimin shook his head and walked towards his car.

At the cue, the drivers jumped into the cockpit, strapping themselves in for a long race in hopes of placing first in the semi-champion race.

The tenseness in Ara's muscles matched the other's all to well. Although, the reason was completely different for those out of the loop. The race was the least of her focus. All she could think about was a way to protect Jimin or stop the race completely.

The red light turned off and the second after, a lime green light made an appearance, clearing the driver's for take off.

"Ara," Namjoon's voice spoke into her ear piece as he watched her drive from the distance. "Jayce overheard one of the staff members mention a 'huge surprise' for the first place winner. If this Jisoo guy is as powerful as you say he is, he could have paid the staff to be involved with his plan. If you want to stop this, you have to be the one to cross the finish line first."

Ara's heavy breaths and the ringing in her ears were the only things she could focus on after Namjoon spoke.

She trusted Namjoon.

And she'd do anything to keep Jimin safe.

Ara's eyes followed the car in front of her, she pressed harder on the gas, changing gears to catch up. As she approached, her eyes followed as the car was now by her side.

She couldn't see Jimin's eyes, but she knew he saw her when he turned his head as she stared into the deep black of his helmet.

"Okay." Ara agreed.

"I'll do everything I can to keep you safe." Namjoon promised.

"I trust you."

\\

"Namjoon." Ara's heavy breathing were a result from the stress flooding her body as she began her final lap around the track.

With Jimin a few inches behind her, Taehyung and Jungkook both yards behind them, and Jin on Taehyung's tale, Ara was feeling the pressure on her chest twice the size of five stacked elephants.