39

~•~

~•~

Namjoon cried in Jungkook's arms. The taller man hiccuped as he tried calming himself down, but it was no use because his ferocious cries overruled his ability to stop.

"Jungkook-" Namjoon hiccuped, wiping his tears when he pulled away from Jungkook.

"I know." The younger hushed while rubbing Namjoon's shoulder for comfort. Strands of his hair stuck out at awkward a places and his doe eyes still carried sleep in them from the eventful night he had. "I-"

"I have to go." A third voice interrupted the two as heavy footsteps down the stairs echoed the room. "I have to be the one to tell him before he hears this on the news."

"Kai-" Namjoon sniffled, looking up at him with sad, tired eyes only to find Kai with the same somber expression. "I didn't know-"

"I've always cared about her." Kai smiled softly before he passed Namjoon and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'll let Jin know."

When the door shut closed after Kai walked out, Jungkook sighed and a smile fell to his pink lips. "She-"

"Namjoon?"

Immediately, both heads turned in the direction of the soft, groggy voice at the top of the staircase.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ara." Namjoon let out a relieved scoff as he quickly wiped away his tears.

Ara made her way down the stairs with a Spider-Man blanket wrapped around her small body that dragged behind her. She hopped off the last step to which Namjoon chuckled at how cute and oblivious she was to the situation.

"Are you here to tell me you're happy I'm alive, too?" Ara's round eyes look up at Namjoon as she walks closer to the boys.

It doesn't take Namjoon another second before he wraps the girl in his arms and his eyes close shut as he holds her.

"Why don't you answer your calls?" Namjoon asks with irritation now coating his words. "I was so worried and-"

"Namjoon," Ara winced, pulling away from the boy and she holds her head with her palms over her ears. "in case you haven't noticed, I am experiencing a mild -if not extreme-hangover. You're shouting-" she points at the wide eyed male. "-is not helping, mister. Nor is your lecture." The girl pouts.

Jungkook chuckled, extending his arms out for her to grab the glass of water and the two pills from his hands.

"Here." He smiles at her as his eyes glinted with worry. "These will help you feel better."

Ara took the pills and swallowed them quickly before she gulped down her drink. "Thanks."

"Ara-" Namjoon hesitated to speak, but he needed to know what happened. He needed to know if Jisoo was involved or not, and if he was, things would become more dangerous for Ara and the others.

"Namjoon," Jungkook stopped him with a glare. "she's still a little tired. It's best we don't-"

"What's going on?" Ara asked, staring between the two men bickering over her.

"Nothing-"

"Ara-"

She let out a huff while the two men bickered. "Obviously something. Why is Kai visiting me and telling me he's glad I'm alive? And Namjoon, who the hell is calling you every two minutes that your phone won't stop vibrating?"

Namjoon gasped, hiding his phone away from her as he shut it off. "Sorry."

"Ara," Jungkook held her forearm as he guided her to the couch where the three sat. "there's been an accident."

Ara's eyes narrowed at the boy, her mind trying to decipher the information. "What kind of- Wait. Did they catch Jisoo? "

"This." Namjoon clicked the power button on the remote control and images of the car accident played on the screen as the news channel was already on.

It took Ara a few minutes to understand what was going on, but when she figured it out, her eyes widened with tears and a small gasp escaped her lips. "Is that-"

Ara listened to the news anchor report the news for the fifth time this morning.

"That's my car." Ara turned back immediately, meeting Jungkook's eyes.

"Ara," Namjoon's soft eyes meet hers when he caught her attention. "What happened."

Her eyes jerked from side to side and her mind ran wild with images of last night. It was difficult for her to recall the events since she was drunk, but they rushed back in short images.

"I-I remember going to the bar and this guys kept bothering me-"

"Did he hurt you?" Jungkook immediately asked, hands clenched in anger and eyes wide with fury.

Ara shook her head, fiddling with her fingers as she leaned back into the couch's comfort, tightening the blanket around her body.

"No. There was a girl- she never told me her name- but she helped me."

"What happened next, Ara?" Namjoon smiles supportingly.

"She offered me a drink and another and then it was too much for me to handle. I-"

Ara's eyes go wide when a faint image of her on the phone surfaced her memories and she hears her slurred voice speak a name she loves so much.

"Jimin-" Ara turns to meet Jungkook's confused eyes. "I called him. Oh my gosh-"

"You called him to pick you up, but he didn't?"

"I don't know. I just remember calling him but I don't know what I said- oh my gosh. I am-"

"You're not an idiot." Namjoon shakes his head, wanting to get back to the point.

"Well-" Ara shrugs. "After that I called Jungkook and he came to pick me up."

Namjoon's eyes furrow as there were still a few missing pieces in Ara's story.

"Jungkook, what happened when you picked her up?"

"She was alone at the bar, almost half asleep." Jungkook chuckled softly at the memory. "She was asking for strawberry milk."

Ara laughed, playfully slapping Jungkook's chest. "Really?"

"Yeah." Jungkook smiled. "I picked you up and carried you to the car. We got strawberry milk and then I brought you home."

"Wait-" Namjoon stops Jungkook and his intelligent mind catches the missing piece. "What about her car? You didn't grab her keys?"

Jungkook's brows furrow as he thinks and finally when he figures it out, his eyes widen. "They weren't there!"

"Ara, you didn't carry a purse?"

"No."

Namjoon sighs, shaking his head. "She stole from you."

"And now she's dead."

~•~

yay, Ara's alive everyone :)

❤️

wishing you guys the best on
final exams
or
wishing you guys the best on
the start of a
great summer

i'm cheering you on!