37

~•~

~•~

Ara sat alone at the bar, swirling the stick with a few olives poked through it around her martini.

"Hey!" A slurred, unfamiliar voice spoke to her. "You're that hot chick from the car race."

If I hear that one more time, I swear I'll hit them.

Ara's beautiful orbs did a full roll as she turned away from the drunken man. She brought the fine glass to her lips and chugged the drink in a few gulps.

"I'm talking to you, sexy." The same man approached her, towering over her as he flexed his muscles for her attention.

"Fuck off," Ara said softly, almost elegantly. She raised her hand in the air, pointer finger sticking up as she called the bartender. "I'll have a shot." She requested when she had his attention. The male nodded before placing a shot glass in front of her and pouring the clear alcoholic beverage.

"Are you just gonna ignore me?" The stranger continued to irritate her, but Ara ignored him, keeping her focus on her finger as it swirled around the ring of the shot glass. "You think you're the shit because you won the Champion's Award a few days ago, don't you."

No. I've won nothing and lost everything.

The police haven't been able to catch Jisoo, and Jin was still going though a difficult time during his healing process. But he was alive and that's what mattered.

Ara brought the glass to her lips, tilting her head back and swallowing the liquid in one go. It left a burning sensation down her throat and a bitter taste on her tongue before it warmed her belly with its toxicity.

"I'm more than you'll ever be." Ara arched a brow pompously to which the male grew angrier.

His ego was hurt because he couldn't have her in his bed, even just for one night. He was about to lay his filthy hands on her before a harsh voice broke the tension.

"Fuck off, Carl!"

Ara was thankful for the girl who pushed the drunken man away from her.

Finally some peace.

But she was wrong. The girl sat at the stool beside her, smiling at Ara like a lost puppy. But Ara saw a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing and she knew because Ara was the same.

"Thanks," Ara said, letting out a sigh as she sat up to hop off the stool.

"Hey!" The girl chuckled, gripping Ara's wrist to hold her back. "Another shot? It'll be on me."

Ara shook her head. She wasn't looking for friends, just some time alone. "Thanks, but no. I gotta drive home."

The girl swallowed harshly, eyes flickering around the room for a way to get Ara to come back. Unfortunately, Ara didn't notice her nervousness.

"Oh come one, don't be like that. One glass and if you can't drive, I'll call you a cab."

It's my last night anyway.

\\

"Definitely!" The unnamed girl laughed along with Ara at the bar that was now half empty with depressed drunks, broken hearted fools, or people seeking an escape.

"Really?" Ara's tired eyes hid behind her swollen cheeks.

"Oh yeah!" The girl smiled, nodding her head eagerly as her eyes fell on Ara's phone beside her car keys on the table. She used the old manicure of her long nails to push Ara's phone towards her, prompting her to do as Ara joked just a moment ago.

"I can't." Ara shook her head.

"You can." The girl smiled, standing up from the stool. "I won't even be nosy and listen. Make the call and then I'll call you a cab- unless you want to call a friend to pick you up."

"Yeah." Ara slurred with a drunken smile. The girl walked off, disappearing into the dark bar.

Ara's fingers lazily type away on her phone, and in a matter of seconds, the girl has her phone pressed to her cheek while she rests her head on the palm of her free hand.

"Ara?"

Ara's face fell completely at the soft, familiar tone of the voice. Quivering lips, wet eyes, and distorted reality hit Ara all at once. She bit her lips tightly in an attempt to stop the soft whimpers escaping her lips as her tears generously flowed down her face.

"Jimin."

"Ara, it's late." His raspy voice rang through her ears to which she smiled.

"But you answered."

A relieved smile graced her lips, shutting her eyes as she tried to imagine Jimin laying over a fluffy pile of bed sheets, tousled hair spread out on the pillow and puffy cheeks smushed against the pillow his head rests on.

"Ara, are you drunk? Are you at a-" Jimin sighed, cutting himself off before he could finish his sentence in obvious anger and frustration. "It's three-"

"I'm sorry, Jimin." Ara's weak voice cracked as it was hardly audible, but Jimin heard. "I'm sorry I lied to you and hurt you. I'm sorry I never told you I love you when my mind was screaming those words into the air with bolded fonts. You're the only one I love. The only thing in my life that's real. I'm sorry I was selfish. I love you, Jimin."

The sting of a million bees pierced her heart as the words that rolled off her tongue like bee's honey while Jimin sniffled into the paws of his sleeves that he held in his fists against his nose to mute his soft sobs.

"Ara, I- I-"

I love you.

"I know." Ara wiped the tears from her eyes as she knew he wouldn't go back to her because why would he?

She wasn't worth it.

"Goodbye, Jimin."

~•~

ANPANMAN MUSIC VIDEO IS DROPPING SOON

I'll be sleeping but it'll be a nice gift in the morning.

i'll be over with spring semester in a week!

Wish me well on my finals :,)

looove lots