12

~•~

~•~

Ara swung a leg over her motorcycle, turning the key. For a moment, she leaned into the bike, listening the engine rumbling under her. She took in a deep breath, calming the beating of her heart for she feared it would explode.

Once she calmed herself as best she could, she zipped the leather jacket higher up her neck before pulling the shield of her helmet down. She leaned into her bike, riding out of her garage. She didn't get past ten feet of her driveway, because standing in front of her house was Jimin.

She stopped her bike, mentally cursing Jimin for suddenly appearing at her home.

The smile he had on his lips was replaced with a frown. His brows scrunched together as he saw Ara dismounting her bike. She pulled the helmet off her head and huffed out a sigh.

"What are you doing here, Jimin?" The tone in her voice coming out harder than she intended.

"I thought I'd come by and see you." He said softly, his eyes roamed her body in confusion. "Where are you going this late at night?"

Ara swallowed the lump in her throat, clenching her jaw at the question she couldn't answer. She tried masking her nerves with anger, adding bricks to the wall she'd built around her life.

Jimin was no fool. He saw straight through her, noticing the way her body tensed under his question. She tried hiding her fear, but he read through her.

"Jimin, leave please." She said through gritted teeth, fear eating away at her patience.

She couldn't be late, and Park Jimin was taking her time.

He approached her, his hand gripping her waist as he pulled her closer, but she pushed him away.

"Jimin, I'm not your girlfriend." She growled. "We went on one date. It was great, but it was just a date."

Behind her words lied dishonesty. It was more than just a date to her. Being with Jimin made her feel alive.

Jimin shook his head. "Don't lie to me and say it didn't mean anything."

She stared into his eyes, matching his intensity. She wanted nothing more than to tell him she was lying, to tell him the truth, but she couldn't.

She looked away, knowing that if she spent another minute with him, she'd spill all her secrets. She was comfortable around him.

She turned on her heel before she could say anything else, mounting her bike. She turned the engine on, pulling her helmet over her head and drove off.