50

~•~

~•~

Silver slivers of light reflected off the pool lights to Ara's tan skin. Her head rested at the top of her knees as they were tugged close to her chest. Hand dipped into the warm water, she swirled circles as she watched as she created mini-hurricanes.

"Up the atty and down the zipper." A cheerful voice pulled her out of her thoughts with a rush of nostalgia and a smile to her lips.

She looked up from the water, a true laugh escaping her lips as she met Jae's eyes. He brought his shoulders high up as laughs rolled off his tongue like smooth butter.

"I haven't heard that in years." Ara smiled at him.

As kids, the kids of their neighborhood would gather in the street and vote on whose house to place hide n' seek. As Jae's was the largest house in the neighborhood, his house would be the most popular choice. Ara and Jae would always pair up as they were the fastest and sneakiest among the others. In any case they would get separated, Jae's witty mind created a term for them to find their way to each other. 'Up the atty and down the zipper' was code for head to the attic and use the zip line to get to the tree house.

"Let's zoom!" He said in a cute, high pitched voice that sent a sour look to Ara's face. A vivid memory of herself reciting those words in her usual pigtails and an all pink outfit rushed through her mind.

"No!" She whined before they burst into laughter.

Taking a seat next to her, he took the time to admire her glowing orbs under the pool lights. He reached out his finger to poke the freckles across the bridge of her nose and the tops of her cheeks- just like he would before. She smiled at the action, shutting her eyes as she felt his finger tracing shapes over her cheeks.

"They used to be darker." He mumbled, pulling his hand away as she fluttered her eyes open.

"They've gotten lost under my LA tan." Ara shrugs, a soft smile playing on her lips.

They remain quiet, feeling overwhelmed with the enormous house they've been instructed to stay in. It was more than enough for the eight of them in the middle of trees and a large lake. High in the mountains, away from the city with a low populated town about ten miles away down a curvy road, their safe house puffed a grey smoke from the brick chimney.

"We'll be alright, Ara." Jae assured her. It was the millionth time she'd heard those words today from everyone. While she knew law enforcement would do anything necessary to keep them protected, she knew the things Jisoo was capable of. He was a patient, diligent man who would attack after studying his predators.

She simply nodded her head before sighing out loudly, pretending she was tired to change the subject. She was, in fact, tired from the news she received today and the running around her apartment to gather her things before being transported to the safe house.