24

~•~

~•~

Jimin walked cautiously behind Ara, eye focusing on the way her hips swayed knowing he had his attention. But soon, his focus was caught by the vibrant cars and loud music.

The street was flooded with race cars wrapped in vibrant coats of paint and stickers while their hoods were lifted to show of the powerful engine. Men and woman paraded their accessories, some parading the number of lovers they had under their arms.

Hungry eyes watched as Ara approached the event. Whispers spread through the people about how long it had been since Ara had attended a street race. Others whispered about the man candy trailing behind her. Women stared at Jimin, lustful eyes desiring all of him in his simple tee and tight jeans. Men glared at Jimin, frustrated with the fact that Ara had picked him, a professional race car driver. For she had rejected almost everyone. She was quiet the mystery, and after being gone for so long only to return with him, the racer, it was only natural to let the whispers be carried by the breeze about them.

People either hated racers with all the hate in the world fo thinking they were too good for street racing, or admired them for living off of what they love. There was no in between. But when Ara was seen with one on her arm herself, they were curious to know who Ara actually was outside a street race. For they only saw her as a 'hot chick with tits and an ass', but they didn't know the type of woman she was to meet her standards.

The two walked past a group of men who stared her down like a piece of meat. They whistled, howled for her attention as they completely ignored Jimin's presence.

As usual, Ara ignored them, but unlike usual, a hand was placed at the small of her back, pulling her closer to his side.

"Show her some respect, assholes." Jimin growled as he held Ara tightly while the two passed them men.

A smile fell on her face, turning her head swiftly to him beside her.

'Thank you.' She mouthed.

"Ara!" A familiar voice pulled her attention away from Jimin. Running into his arms, Ara beamed with joy.

"Jae!" She laughed, swaying him side to side.

He pulled away, holding her hands in his. "You came. It's been so long since you've attended."

Ara nodded, a smile on her face. She loved racing, but now she was following her dream. Street racing was just a thrill, and a job to pay her debit. She didn't rely on it for her income. Now, it would only be a form of escape and pleasure.