25

The boutique screamed with elegance

The boutique screamed with elegance. White walls adorned with pearl decor that glimmered under bright lights. Mirrored walls reflecting off other mirrors created dimensions that lost Ara in a world of fantasy. Dresses that hung on racks would seem all the same to anyone with a lack of interest in fashion. The dresses ranged in colors of pale whites, to eggshell whites, cool whites, rose whites, and many more that Ara had no idea existed.

Dresses were categorized by material: satin, cashmere, lace, and others that Ara couldn't help but reach out a hand to brush her fingers over the delicate material. Her eyes twinkled as she walked further into the maze of dresses.

I want one.

"What about this one?" A delicate voice broke Ara out of the fantasy in her head.

Hana held a dazzling dress with a lace material draped over satin. The jeweled corset had a sweetheart neckline that would elegantly show off Hana's chest in a way she never did herself.

"Hana, it's beautiful!" Ara brushed her fingers over the dress, admiring the delicate stitching and fine handiwork. The lace flowers were hand stitched to perfection and the jewels adorning the corset were presentation of a true artist's work.

Ara and Hana were the only two at the wedding boutique. It was a Tuesday morning; adults were adulting at work, and children were learning at school. Yes, Ara and Hana were adults, but they were still adulting- just not at work.

"Would you like some more champagne, ma'am?" A woman called for both young women's attention as she held a bottle in her hand.

Ara eyes the glass in her hand, seeing she was not even halfway done since her focus was on the dresses. Still, even if she wanted more, she would remain sober in case Hana wanted Ara to drive home.

"No, thank you." Ara smiles kindly before Hana kindly rejects as well. The woman walked off, leaving the two excited girl to return to the fairytale fantasy they felt they were in.

Ara and Hana were both little girls fascinated with the pretty colors and styles of dresses. They squealed happily when they found 'the perfect dress'- they were on their fourth 'perfect dress'- and continued adding to the rack of dresses Hana was determined to try on.

\\

After taking her final sip of champagne, Hana walked out of the changing room adorning her final dress. Ara's jaw literally dropped as Hana transformed from the innocent angel she was to a goddess. The creamy sheets of the dress were laced with golden flowers at the hem of her neckline. The cuffed straps slipped down her shoulders to expose her collarbones. The dress hugged her waist, pushing her breasts up and flowed at the waist over her curves to pool at her feet.