The Calm Before The Storm

Its been a little over a month since Raphtalia, Filo, and I have come to this world. This worlds name is Sword Art Online, a gaming world that's supposedly in a floating castle in the sky. Its creator is a man named Akihiko Kayaba, it's purpose for creating such a world is so he can rule over the lives of innocent people and make em fight to survive. Most of the players playing this hell game are mostly kids over the age of 14, there are older people playing this game, as well of really young kids around the age of 7. Over the course of a month we managed to get to level 15 much faster since we had Filo this time around. We also realized that only Raphtalia is able to use sword skills, and Filo has Beast abilities that allow her to her to move faster when attacking and boost our attacks as we fight, she might be able to unlock even more abilities later. As for me I'm still stuck with this shield and all my different shields have been locked although i do get new shield skills and new shields in this world. When Raphtalia's sword broke while we where hunting my shield absorbed the tiny crystals and unlocked a small sword shield that does minimal damage to enemies and now it may prove useful as we get stronger. We are heading back to town and meet with a girl named Argo who has a reputation for selling new info that not a lot of players know.

Naofumi: Come on you two whats the hold up?(Stops and looks back)

Raphtalia: Im sorry Naofumi-sama but Filo wont stop window shopping. (walks while dragging Filo)

Filo: You know I always get hungry after a long day of battle. (Looks up at Raphtalia pouting)

Naofumi: Well we can get something to eat after Argo gives us some new information.

Im glad that no one here knows I'm the shield hero, not only that but some people have actually admire the fact that I only use a shield. Maybe this is what should of happened back in that other world.

Town Square

Now where did she say she was meeting us, it has to be here somewhere.

Argo: Oii Naofumi! (Waves)

Naofumi: Hey there Argo, so you have new info to sell me?

Argo: Well I do have some but Ill give you most of what I have for free. (Looks at Naofumi)

Naofumi: Wow so generous, so whats this info about?

Argo: You're no fun. Well anyways it looks like a group of players have already located the boss room on the 20th level of the dungeon.

Naofumi: Damn so they found it already huh. (Looks at the sky)

Argo: Hmmm.. You sound as if you knew where it was. (Looks confused)

Filo: Master and us found it about a week ago. (Puffs out her chest and points towards Naofumi)

Argo: Wow Naofumi and here I thought we were friends, why didn't you sell me the info? (Gets closer to Naofumi)

Raphtalia: That would be because the players aren't ready for it yet. (Gets in between Naofumi and Argo)

Argo: What do you mean, is the boss really that strong? (Steps back a bit)

Naofumi: Its not the boss thats the problem, its just that the player levels are too low.

Argo: W-what do you mean? (Pays more attention to Naofumi)

Naofumi: Whats your current level Argo?

Argo: 6, whats that got to do with anything? (Sounds concerned)

Naofumi: Well you are a info broker and I've never seen you party up with anyone so i don't blame you, but any other players should be at about level 10 yeah. And what level do you think the boss is?

Argo: No way.... So you are saying their level is whats wrong here? (Looks stunned)

Naofumi: Exactly, level 7 monsters do a decent amount of damage, I can only imagine a boss doing either double or triple that.

Argo: That can be, I'm sure if enough people battle the boss they could pull it off.

Naofumi: Im sure they could, but what about the casualties, as much as we don't want it to happen 2,000+ players have already died in within a month. We should take things with caution and not rush things.

Argo: I see, maybe I can sell this new info you have given me, thanks. (Looks grateful)

Naofumi: What about the other info you have for me?

Argo: Well you know how I told you about the players who found the boss room?

Naofumi: Let me guess, they are planing on taking on the boss soon am I right?

Argo: Wow perceptive as always, I'm really impressed. (Looks at him with a slight blush)

Raphtalia: Well since we got the info we needed I guess we can go have lunch. (Grabs Naofumi's arm)

Naofumi: Well heres 400 Col for the info.

Argo: One more thing, there will be multiple parties gathering up in the Roman Theatre around 3Pm make sure to not be late. (Walks away)

Filo: Are we going to this meeting Master. (Looks at Naofumi with concern)

Naofumi: Maybe after we get some Lunch come on you two.

Raphtalia/Filo: Right.

4 Hours later

After a few hours of walking around and upgrading our gear we started making our way towards the Roma Theatre. Once we got there everyone one was already making parties to fight the boss.

Naofumi: Yo Agil!

Agil: Hey if it isn't Naofumi, how you doing man still rocking that awesome shield? (Admires Naofumi)

I meet Agil while doing a a trade with Argo, apparently he wanted this giant Axe I got as a drop from a monster and after that he asked if I could friend him just incase I got more sweet Items.

Naofumi: Yeah you know how it is, what about you, you came for the boss fight as well?

Agil: Damn right I did, I told you I need to finish this game and get back to my wife in the real world. (Looks determined to tackle this boss down)

Raphtalia: Agil, if you don't mind me asking, may I ask for your level. (Glares at Agil)

Agil: Not at all, my level is a little over 10.(seems concerned about his answer)

Filo: It would seem you are just about the level cap as the boss, right Master? ( Stares at Naofumi)

Agil: What do you mean Filo?

Naofumi: Sorry we will need to catch up later its been good seeing you.

Agil: Right, try to keep them alive you hear me! (Fist bumps Naofumi)

As we looked around we were told to make parties of 6 since this would be a full raid attack, after a while we ran into 2 players who seem to have been left out so we decided to party up with them for this one fight. One of em seemed like he wasn't too keen on trusting people but knew he couldn't survive in there without back up so he decided to join our party the other was covered in a cloak and barely spoke, somehow we managed to get her in the party as well.

Diavel: Alright you guys wee meet tomorrow at the base of the dungeon at 10Am in the morning, dismissed.

After the discussion Asuna was the first to leave without saying a word, she wouldn' even talk to Filo or Raphtalia. Kirito on the other hand wanted to talk strategy, which was odd since he was hesitant to join in the first place. As we finished with the preparations I asked Kirito if he could talk to Asuna and get her up to speed with the plan and left to go find her.

Naofumi: Lets go get some rest, tomorrow will be a really eventful day.

Even tonight I'm having the same dream over and over again, Agil, Argo, Raphtalia, Filo, and me all dying at the hands of a monster with blue eyes unable to do anything, unable to protect them. And it ends up being all my fault. Will I lose everything again and again. Is that my destiny as the shield hero.