Footprints (G1 Soundwave x Cybertronian Reader)

The reader may be boy/girl but the cassettes will call you mom

The evening was perfect, the weather was actually cool after the rain. You were cooking supper and watched your sparklings from the window playing outside, running from one place to another enjoying earths weather. You then called "Rumble! Frenzy! It's dinner time, clean your feet before you come in! I don't want to wash the carpet again". "Yes Mom!" Rumble shouted from outside!" Frenzy screamed while being chased by his brother. Their laughs always made your day.

At the dinner table, all the family gathered around enjoying the meal, your two lovely angels and your sparkmate Soundwave. Everything was silent. Dead silent.

You turned your attention towards Frenzy. "Frenzy, did Rumble catch you? I saw you running very fast more than other days". Frenzy looked at you and before he could say something. Soundwave slammed his servo on the table. The older mech was angry, he stood, leaving only you and the kids.

You saw Soundwave leave, without saying a word, you were mad at his attitude. But Frenzy was shocked. "Oh sweetie, Ignore him" you placed your servo on his face "Now you were saying". You asked with enthusiasm.

Later that night, Soundwave helped you wash the dishes while you rinsed them. "(Y/n)... I think you should better see a psychiatrist". You stopped and stared back with confusion. "Why!? Why is that!? Do you think I'm crazy?".

"That's a start, you have been talking every day about or with the kids". he sighed "Please (Y/n) get over it!! The kids are no longer with us, they are gone (Y/n)! GONE! It's been many cycles since their spark stopped working!" He grabbed the sides of your the face.

"Look at me (Y/n) it's only both of us! No one else! We are alone".

"No, Soundwave they are here!" You said convinced. "No, there not.. you're talking to yourself". Soundwave protested.

"Yes Soundwave! they are still here! If not then explain.. how is the carpet always dirty with their small footprints marked?