Chapter 1

Welcome to Summer Delinquent- Tessa's Story. This is the spin-off from Jealousy Makes You Nasty, make sure to read that one first if you want to understand the characters more!

Enjoy!

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote, I love to hear from you all.

|| Chapter 1 ||

"Tessa go long!" Johnny, a junior on the football team, shouts from across the school parking lot. My head snaps up at the sound of my name to see a football soaring across the school parking lot.

"Son of a bitch," I grumble, dropping my backpack on the ground and running after the ball. I shove students to the side, ignoring their complaints as I move further back and jump in the air, catching the ball.

"Woo!" A few of the football players cheer after I catch it.

"I am victorious!" I yell, raising the ball in the air, throwing it back to Johnny and grabbing my backpack.

The rest of the students just head to their cars completely nonchalant, like I didn't just perform that amazing catch.

I brush my shoulder-length, dirty blond hair out of my face and walk over to the black convertible sitting in the lot. I jump over the car door and situate myself in the passenger seat, throwing my backpack onto the tiny backseat.

I hear a loud sigh greet me, "What is the point of me unlocking the car when you just jump over the door anyway?" Drew asks as he climbs into the car in his boring old way.

I grin up at him, "Because you're a stickler for responsibility," I wink at him. He shakes his head lightly, messing up his brown curls even more than usual.

"So Mr. Senior, just graduation left to go and that's it," I look over at him and see his face slowly drop.

"And Prom," he mutters quietly. Oh shit, I forgot about Prom. His expression is sullen and I feel the urge to try and put a smile on his face.

"Well, you'll have me there with you," I nudge his arm, trying to coax a smile out of him. He doesn't say anything. "Drew..."

"It's cool, I'm excited, thanks again for agreeing to be my last-minute date," he smiles halfheartedly at me. I nudge him in the ribs with a grin.

"Hey, I'm your best friend, I'll always be here for you," I smile brightly, but on the inside, I'm dreading having to wear a prom dress. Mom and I had spent the last week tearing through stores to find a last minute dress. "Wanna come back to mine? Maddie keeps asking about you and I know dad wanted to talk about that UFC fight you guys watched last week."

He looks over at me with a small smile, "Sure, I'd love to." He puts the car in drive and heads out of the school parking lot and in the direction of my house.

I smile and lean back in my seat, letting the wind blow my hair behind me. My neighborhood is on the more secluded side of town. It's far away from any highway and my house is located three separate streets away from the main road, in a dead end and up a hill. The children in this area don't spend their days outside in their yards, but would rather sit inside on their electronics most days.

We turn onto the steep driveway leading to my house. Drew parks in Sebastian's old car spot in front of the tree by the side of the house. Mom loves that tree so much she decided to put a wrought-iron bench underneath it for practical and décor uses.

"So, are your siblings coming back for the summer?" he asks, turning off the ignition and climbing out of is car.

I jump over the door and he gives me a flat look but I just grin, "Um, yeah I think except Harry since he's working now, they've all been really busy so we don't get to chat as much," I shrug. I lean on his hood closer to him, "Get this, Harry is bringing Natalie to stay with us for a few days."