Epilogue

So I don't usually suggest songs etc, while reading but I had Let's Hurt Tonight by OneRepublic playing during one scene in this chapter and I'll put bold ** next to the moment you should listen to it on repeat. The lyrics don't exactly coincide with the scene but it still made me cry while writing it.

As per usual, I will reply to every comment posted in the next week! I can't wait to see your reactions!

|| Epilogue ||

"I'll see you at Thanksgiving," I say quietly, hugging Drew to me.

He's leaving on an 8am flight this morning with his mother so that they can help him settle into his dorm room before she flies back later tonight. I offered one of my siblings to pick her up but she blatantly refused but managed to thank me for the offer.

He squeezes me tight, "I promise. And I'll be at your house for Christmas."

"And Hanukkah with you," I tell him sternly, "At least one night."

"I can't come home then, classes are still on," he explains, pulling away slightly, resting his hands on my shoulders.

I groan in fake torture, "Then your school sucks already." He laughs hugging me again before letting go.

His other friends like Jesse, Mateo and Benji already left for college over the last few days and the last one to leave was Drew, just so that he could get one more day with me.

"Drew, we're going to be late," his mother comments impatiently from behind us. She's standing with one hand resting on the open back door of the taxi.

He looks at me the same moment I look back at him. He rolls his eyes at his mothers behavior. "Call me as soon as you land." He nods his head. "Okay, go before your mother hates me more than she already does," I push him gently in the direction of the car.

His mother huffs before gracefully slipping into the car, leaving the door open for Drew. Drew watches her the whole time, "I don't think that's possible."

I shove him hard, watching him get caught off guard and stumble. "Asshole."

He chuckles and grips onto the door. "I'll see you soon."

"Yeah," I reply even though it wasn't a question. "Have fun."

"Enjoy senior year. Don't bully the freshmen too bad now that I'm gone, okay," he winks.

I roll my eyes, "Don't tell me what to do."

He grins, winding down the automatic window before climbing in the car.

"Make some new friends while you're at it, you have no excuse to be antisocial anymore." The urge to flip him off but the fact that his mother is sitting right next to him lessens that urge. "Go wild, Tess. Love you."

"We'll see," I reply cockily before adding, "Love you too." He holds his hand out the open window for one last squeeze before his mother tells the driver to leave.

Drew looks out the back window, watching until the last second. I wave the whole time, a wide smile on my face, ignoring the lump in my throat. I walk down his empty driveway but stop short when I hit the street.

Isaac is standing there across the street, leaning against his car door, "Need a ride?"

I tilt my head with a watery smile on my face. "Sebastian was supposed to pick me up."

He scrunches his nose, "I know, but I volunteered." He pushes off the car but doesn't move a step closer. He just opens his arms wide for me to walk into. Tears prick my eyes making me hold onto him tighter. "Let's go get some food."