Chapter 31

Okay, continue!

Enjoy, and as per usual I will reply to any comment posted within the next 48hrs!

|| Chapter 31 ||

"This is a terrible idea," I comment from where I'm leaning against the hood of Isaac's car.

He straightens his blazer, staring at his reflection in the passenger window. "No it isn't."

I look over my shoulder at him, "The fact that you don't see that just proves that it's a terrible idea."

"For the last time, Drew was fine in the trunk. The average person can survive three days locked in a trunk," he points out, fixing his hair.

"That doesn't make it any better." He gives me a flat stare. "Was the mariachi band really necessary?" I ask, looking to my left and seeing the mariachi band Isaac hired, for the next two hours, warming themselves up in the middle of the gym parking lot.

"Absolutely, I want the full experience," he states with a cheeky grin.

I push off the hood and walk around to stand next to him. "You're asking her to dinner not proposing."

"I just want to make it fun." He stands straight and faces me.

I sigh and lean in to fix his tie. "Why am I here?"

He gives me a bright smile. "Moral support." Fantastic.

"You couldn't have asked anyone else?" I look around the packed parking lot. A few people look our way while they walk towards the automatic sliding doors.

He suddenly grabs my shoulders, "Because I want you here, duh."

He takes his phone out and holds it in front of us. "Nope, no selfies, no pictures." I put a hand up in front of his phone, blocking my face.

"Oh come on, you never take pictures with anyone, I've never even seen you in a picture that isn't forcibly taken by your mother."

I twist out of his arm and stand to the side, hands in the pockets of my sweatpants. "This is why I don't have social media, I don't need to document my whole life for everyone."

He rolls his eyes, shrugging before taking a selfie and placing his phone in his blazer pocket, "Fine, but one day, I will get a selfie from you."

"What if she says no?" I ask him quietly, voicing the fear I had for him since getting in his car when he picked me up this morning.

"Then no harm no foul, I tried, she said no, we move on to bigger and better things," He gives me a confident smile. "You can't be scared to put yourself out there Tess, it's scary but can also be rewarding," he winks, slipping an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm trying," I answer, timidly placing my arm around his waist loosely.

"I know," he says simply, not pushing for anything more. "Think about it, if I hadn't gone for it with Jesse, we never would have hooked up."

The air leaves my lungs. "Jesse?" My voice comes out in a squeak.

He tilts his head, "You didn't know he's bi?"

"You did?"

Isaac laughs, "Man, for someone that's supposed to know everyone's secrets, you're really slacking, huh?" He gives himself a once over, flashing me a shining grin and locks his car. "Come to think of it," he continues, completely disregarding my comatose state of mind, "you've stopped doing a lot of stuff, like when was the last time you vandalised something?"

"I-I just...Jesse?"

He slips on his sunglasses, "Tess think about it, are you really surprised?" He tightens his grip on my shoulder and moves us towards the automatic doors.