Chapter 3

If anyone wants to send in covers or banners for any story or has any questions etc. Feel free to pm me or email me at sammipott@gmail.com !

|| Chapter 3 ||

"Ow," I grumble. My mom pulls my hair harder. "Ow!" I yell out, gripping my hair, trying to keep it out of her reach.

She taps the top of my head. "Oh, stop it, you cry baby."

"Well, when you rip out my hair the way that you are, I think I'm entitled to complain," I grumble, huffing loudly.

"Sure, sure...cry baby," she smirks, tugging my hair again more gently this time. "You're the one that wanted it up and didn't want to go to the hairdresser. You brought this upon yourself."

I huff again, folding my arms over my chest. "Why did I agree to this?" I ask, gesturing to the ridiculous dress I'm wearing.

"Because behind all that demon energy, you're actually a good person?" My mom asks rhetorically with a teasing grin.

I laugh, looking in the mirror at her. "I'm not that bad, am I?"

"You do know that you slashed someone's tires when you were fourteen, right?" She raises an eyebrow watching me.

"That was necessary! Summer was messing with Char."

She doesn't reply, her concentration stuck on pinning up the last bits of my hair. She takes a step back, holding her joined hands under her chin. "You look gorgeous, honey."

I look at myself in the mirror. My dark green dress cinches at my waist before flowing down to the floor. The silky fabric feels awkward on my skin.

Mom grabs my hands, holding them tightly, "I want you to have fun tonight, okay?"

I nod my head stiffly.

"I know you're not used to these formal events, and dresses make you want to break out in hives, but you look so beautiful."

I smirk, "Just make sure I don't fall down the stairs and we'll be good."

"But that would be so funny," she teases pouting her lips, pulling my hand so we can walk out of my bedroom and to the stairs. I can hear Drew's voice downstairs, talking with my father about his training.

"Are your friends at Benji's house yet?" She asks. I grip her arm tightly, holding onto the banister as we walk down the stairs. Drew turns his head to watch me, with a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes in reply.

"I think so, Alyssa texted that she was on the way and Kendall is late for everything so," I reply, almost missing a step. My eyes widen as I lurch forward and Drew moves to stand in front of the stairs in case I fall. My mother laughs and grabs my arm, straightening me out before I tumble down the stairs. Fuck high heels!

My dad is standing at the bottom of the staircase with his hands in his pockets pretending as if the last twenty seconds didn't happen, "You look great, Tessy."

I smile timidly, "Thanks dad." He smiles, standing next to me and putting a hand on my shoulder and squeezing it gently.

Drew struts up to me with his hands behind his back. "Guess heels are your weakness."

"Shut up."

"You look great, Tess," he smiles genuinely.

I put my nose in the air and pretend to flick my hair behind my shoulder, "I know."

"I got you something," he trails off, leaving my in suspense.

"A present?" I raise an eyebrow in suspicion. He brings his hand in front of him, showing me a dark green converse shoe. "You got me a shoe?" I ask in confusion.