Chapter 20

I'm looking forward to reading all your comments! Let me know what you think.

|| Chapter 20 ||

Dylan Michaelson knows how to throw a party. We haven't even gotten inside the house but I'm already dreading the amount of drunk people I'll have to deal with. He lives just outside of town so it took us about thirty minutes to get there and the sun is already setting.

I left my phone in Isaac's car but I haven't asked to borrow anyone else's to contact someone. Will drops us off at the end of the block so that he can try to find a parking spot for his car leaving Addison, the random girl who's name is actually Loretta and myself to walk up the block.

Addison claps her hands as we walk up the front block, "So, you've never been to one of Dylan's parties?" I shake my head no and her mouth drops open. "How does that even work? I've been in this town for like two months and I've been to his parties more times than I can count on one hand."

"Not much for people," I reply honestly. If Drew were here he would keep me distracted with his stupid jokes.

She looks at me over her shoulder, "Well," she pauses, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, "Here's to trying something new." With that she grabs my arm and pulls me into the chaos of the party. I've been to a few parties in my lifetime but I'm usually surrounded by friends to keep me comfortable and sane. Strangers make me nervous.

A few people from school look over in my direction as I follow Addison towards what I assume is the kitchen. One group of girls in particular throw me nasty looks. Fuck I hate teenagers.

"Oh. My. God. Tessa Hayes is at the same party as me, what the actual fuck?" A highly intoxicated girl slumps next to me and screams in my ear. "Can I take a picture with you? My friends are not going to believe that you're here!"

I pull my arm from her grip and take a step to the side, "No, please go away."

She just laughs loudly, snapping a picture of me. I blink a few times in confusion. What the hell is happening?

Someone grabs my arm and a pull of panic envelops my brain as I yank my arm out of their grasp forcefully. Addison's face stares back at me with a concerned expression. "Hey, you okay?"

I'm silent for a few seconds and she seems to get the picture. She turns to the drunk girl starting to take a Snapchat video of us. Addison grabs the phone and forces the girl to put her arm down, lowering the phone. "Put the fucking phone away. What the hell is wrong with you? She said no!"

The drunk girl's eyes are wide as she stares at us. "I just wanted a picture."

"Does it look like I give two shits? Because I don't," Addison's face is blank as she shoos the girl away. She pushes me in the direction of the kitchen and doesn't stop until we're next to the counter where all the booze are. "Jesus Christ she was annoying," Addison groans as she picks up a bottle of vodka and pours two shots.

"Sorry, I don't understand what just happened," I shrug.

She waves her hand that is holding the bottle of vodka around dismissively, letting little droplets fly onto the kitchen floor. "Totally chill, I just hate it when people can't respect personal bubbles, drives me mad."

I find myself nodding my head, "Yeah same."

My thoughts drift to my family as we stand in silence. Do they know where I am? Probably not since I left my phone in Isaac's car. Do I care right now? Nope, screw them.

"Drink?" Addison is holding out her hand that has a shot glass filled with vodka.

My feet shuffle awkwardly on the floor, "Um, I'm not much of a drinker if I'm being honest. I'm usually the one looking after all the drunks."