Chapter 22

I'm replying to every comment within the next 48 hrs! Tell me what you think!!!

Enjoy!

|| Chapter 22 ||

We pick up Maddie from the hospital late Sunday afternoon. My father and I share clipped words of apologies to each other before moving on from the topic completely. We picked up a late lunch and ate at the house on the patio.

Maddie is sitting between Harry and dad, her pink cast bright in the sunlight. She's in good spirits, the first thing she did when we picked her up was run over and hug me tightly with her good arm.

"I'm so sorry, Tess, I told them everything!" She had frantically told me and I just put an arm on her shoulder.

"I'm glad you're okay," I had said instead. She smiled up at me, a relieved look on her face before our brothers decided to tackle her into their arms, taking turns carrying her to the car.

Now all eight of us are sitting around the outdoor table, eating and talking to one another. I'm still eating less food because my stomach is not feeling one hundred percent back to normal. My phone has been going off every couple of minutes from friends asking how I'm doing but I ignore them. There's only one person who hasn't even tried to contact me.

"Explain something to me," Sebastian says and we all groan in return. "Guys seriously."

"No, rabbits don't lay eggs," Harry answers, picking up a piece of bread and throwing it in his mouth.

Sebastian glares at him, "Harry, if he's the Easter Bunny then why is he hiding eggs?"

My mother leans her head back into her seat and just stares at the sky through her sunglasses, "How did you graduate high school?"

"He used to cheat off me," Sophie mutters, taking a bite out of her chicken sandwich.

"Well at least you go to different colleges now," my mother mutters, not even acknowledging the before comment, taking a sip of her drink. "Now, let's talk July 4th it's next weekend and we still have a ton to do."

"No party this year, please," Harry moans, running a hand through his hair.

"Worried a crazy ex will run over your stuff with the lawn mower again?" Charlotte asks innocently, a grin on her face.

"That lawn mower repair cost me five hundred dollars, thank you very much," my father rolls his eyes.

Sebastian leans his arms on the table, putting his head in his hands, giving Harry an adorable grin, "Or scared that someone will set off a firecracker in your pocket again?"

I snort, keeping my head down, "Classic."

Harry glares at me in response, "You could have set me on fire."

"How about the time when you got hit in the face with a softball and had to go to the Urgent Care?" Sophie grins, glancing at Charlotte who has a sheepish smile on her face.

"I think my favorite was four years ago when he walked into the sliding glass door in front of everyone," my mother smiles sweetly at Harry.

"It's like a curse," Harry mumbles, throwing his head back against the chair.

My mother rolls her eyes, "Okay Drama Queen. Any how you know the drill, you're allowed to bring a few friends each, as long as you run them past me or your father. We're picking up Grandma and Grandpa from the airport on Friday and Aunt Jenna and Uncle Ian will get here Friday night with the cousins, everyone write that down somewhere, oh and..." she trails off mumbling the last part.