Chapter 27

You get a nice long chapter for being so patient and also because I couldn't split it up, it was just too juicy!

As per my new tradition, I will reply to every comment posted within the next 48 hrs, can't wait to see what you guys think!

|| Chapter 27 ||

"Okay, I have one," Olivia raises a hand, shoving a couple chips in her mouth. "I spy with my little eye something...beginning with 'C'."

Charlotte looks around the hallway, assessing every object around us.

"Chandelier," I answer, glimpsing a piece of the chandelier in the foyer.

Olivia huffs loudly, "God dammit." She leans forward and hisses loudly, she glares at Charlotte, "That is the last time you talk me into a wax."

"What are you doing?" A voice startles us from the stairs and the three of us look over at our mother. Olivia, Charlotte and I are sitting in the hallway by our bedrooms waiting for Sebastian to finish his shower. He's only been in there for four minutes so we have at least another fifteen to go.

My camera is set up on my tripod at the end of the hallway and Olivia has her phone angled perfectly for any candid shots. Charlotte is sitting cross-legged, stealing chips every now and then while I lie flat on my back with my feet on the wall.

Olivia slowly shoves a couple chips into her mouth, lowering her feet from where they were resting against the wall. "Um."

A shuffle comes from the stairs and Maddie walks into view and she's digging through a tote bag on her shoulder, "Tess I really don't get why you hid this stuff in the garage, it's literally trash..." Maddie's head snaps up at the subtle cough I gave along with the 'cut-throat' motion to get her to stop talking.

My mother folds her arms across her chest staring us down, "Well?"

I entwine my fingers and place my hands in my lap giving her a calm and casual look, "I would like to speak to my lawyer."

She raises an eyebrow before turning on her heel and yelling down the stairs, "Peter, come here please love."

Charlotte chokes on a cough and Olivia sits up a little straighter. Maddie stares wide-eyed at me, silently asking what she should do with the bag in her hands. Heavy footsteps reach the staircase and my mother looks back at us with a smug smile on her face.

My father's steps slow once he's in our sights. He tilts his head with a questioning glance in my mothers direction but she just gestures to us, "Your daughters are planning something and Tessa's requested her lawyer be present, so I called you."

His lips quirk in a smile but he crosses his arms over his chest, "Explain." One glance towards Sebastian's closed door and the sound of running water tells me I have time.

Olivia leans closer, "Just use the word allegedly a lot, it helps."

I'm still lying on the floor when I look up at my dad, "I would like to explore the options of possible punishments if I am wrongly accused of a crime that is currently being committed."

He narrows his eyes trying to piece together what's happening, "How current of a crime are we talking?"

The house goes silent when Sebastian turns off the shower. I tilt my head, "Like right now current."

He seems to catch on slowly that it involves Sebastian. "Broken bones?"

"No."

"Alterations to the body?"

"Technically."

"Permanent scarring?"

"Physical or mental?"