FAIRY TAIL #11

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"GOOD Afternoon, Everyone" Natsu yelled as he kicked the doors of fairy tail open. Some people turned to him questionably, but he ignored them as he skipped over to Mirajane and Gray at the bar.

"Well Natsu, you sure are in a happy mood," Mira said, rubbing down the countertop.

"Yep! Has Lucy come in yet?" he asked, a grin spreading across his face. He could see Gray eying him weirdly from the corner of his eye. Mira smirked, a single eyebrow raised.

"Oooh, do you have something important to say to her?"

Natsu chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment, "You could say that."

Mira hadn't been expecting that answer, but she had a feeling that something good was to come of it.

"What makes you think she wants to see your ugly mug?" Gray asked, taking a sip of his ice water. Natsu just smiled at him, startling Gray and Mira.

Before Natsu say something Levy approach them "Oh! Welcome back, Natsu." Levy greets the salmoned-mage. Natsu smile towards her but didn't in returns "How was your last mission?"

"It was great. Umm.. I wonder why Lucy and Nashi are not here!"

"Ooh! Didn't Mira mention you that they will be gone for two to three days?"

"Huh?" Natsu eyes widen as he realize what Levy told her "WHAT? Two to three days? Where did they go?" Levy didn't say anything but her eyes show amusement. "Happy!" Natsu was about to jump into the foyer to follow Lucy and Nashi when all of the sudden Levy hold his scarf preventing him to go. "Levy! Let go! Happy."

"Aye!"

"Natsu, can you just wait for them to come home?" Levy said while raising her brow to the salmoned-mage - making Natsu's frown "Lucy and Nashi went to a mother-daughter-date. You can't disturb them okay." Levy said with the matter-in-fact tone.

"But... But..."

"But what?"

"But two to three days is too long. What if something happen to them? I need to be in there to protect them."

Levy roll her eyes "As far as I remember you left them for a week Natsu." Levy whisper making Natsu froze. Levy sigh "Just give this time to Lucy. They'll be back here in one piece."

Natsu bite his lower lips and return to his sit but on the back of his mind. He's thinking about the two girl that important to his life.

LUCY'S POV

NASHI and I went to the nearest restaurant to eat our breakfast. Nashi ordered her favorite pancake with lots of chocolates and a glass of milk while me I ordered my usually chocolate waffles and cup of coffee.  "Mama?"

"Hmmm?"

"Do you love my father?" Nashi ask me innocently making me choke my own food. "Are you okay Mama?" she ask me worriedly.

I clear my throat and then get my water before inhaling and look directly on her eyes "Why are you asking that now?"

Her lips pouted "I'm just wondering why my parents on this period are usually go on their own." she said innocently "My parents in the future they seems inseparable. But here..." her voice sounds so sad which makes my heart twist in pain - I can't see her eyes because it’s covered with her bangs.

Reaching her hand and squeeze it a little "Nashi. Look at me." I said and she did - smiling to her softly as I gently caress her cheeks "It's not like I don't love your father. I do love him." Wait what? What are you saying Lucy? Don't fool around! "I love h-him and I love you too, Nashi"

"Then why is he not here? Then Papa doesn't love us."

"It doesn't matter, even if he's not here with you, Nashi." she look on confuse "He loves you, Nashi. I know it because I feel the same way towards you. Even I'm not here by your side I will always love you because you are my daughter. My precious daughter. I know your father feels the same way like I did."

Nashi didn't say anything but soon her lips twist into a smile which makes me smile also. We continue eating our breakfast like that - Nashi is telling me about the future that she went through and as for me... I was wondering if the three words that I'd said was a kind of love for friend, or it was different.

I love him as friend or not?

I'm starting to be confused in my own feelings and I hate it. It's really frustrating.