2. Journey's beginning!

The train station was only a fifteen minute walk from my house so I made it there relatively quickly.

It's surroundings were beautiful, a park filled with benches and various species of plants. One end of the park led to the beach, where the azure-blue ocean sent waves washing over the shore. It wasn't surprising that the station had been situated by the ocean. Most of the trains these days have tracks that run across the ocean. Those tracks appear as the train moves faster, disappearing behind it as it goes. How that was possible, I wonder if I would ever know. However, I suspected that this had something to do with the spiritmals.

The station itself was exactly how I thought it would be; bustling with life as people rushed from one platform to another. I walked to platform D and sat down on a bench there. Looking at my watch, I found out that I apparently had a thirty minute wait that I would have to endure before my train would arrive. Having nothing to do, I decided to take a walk in the mall connected to the station. Setting myself a timer so that I wouldn't forget about the train, I walked into the mall. As I was about to go into a supermarket to get some snacks, I heard a desperate voice coming from the direction of a potted plant.

"Has anyone seen my spiritmal? He looks like a wolf and it's roughly grey, black and white in color. Please, someone, help..."

Hearing that someone lost their spiritmal, I immediately abandoned my earlier plan to buy snacks and instead went towards the direction of the plant.

Behind the plant, I saw a postman holding up a picture of a beautiful spiritmal that matched the description that I had heard earlier.

"Hey!" I called out. "Need some help?"

"Oh my goodness! Someone has spotted my Fang? Where have you seen him?" The man kneeled down and seemingly worshiped me, making me feel extremely awkward with the way he was acting. This man sure is more than a bit dramatic!

"Well... I haven't spotted your spiritmal." I answered. Immediately regretting my decision to tell him that when I saw the hope in his eyes die down.

"Whoa there... I don't mind helping you find him." I continued, happy to see the hope return to his eyes.

"Oh you kind, kind soul!" He said, bowing down. God! Why is he so dramatic? "May I know your name young lady? Mine's Tim."

"The name's Emily."

"Nice name."

"Ummm... thanks? Where do we start looking for your spiritmal?" I hurriedly changed the topic.

"Oh, Fang? He could be anywhere! He must be in trouble to disappear like that and not come back within the hour. I sent him to deliver something to this stall two hours ago" Tim explained while gesturing to a soap stall right beside us. "At first I thought he was late but..." Tim sighed, shaking his head.

"Let's look around the mall then!" I suggested.

"I've already looked through this area for him. But I still have a lot of the mall I have yet to cover."

"I'll help you search!" I offered.

"I can't thank you enough Emily! This means a lot to me. Would you mind searching the east wing of the mall? I'll search the west."

"Ok"

"Here!" He says, tossing me a walky-talky. "We will use these to communicate. Tell me if you find him!"

I agreed and ran of in the direction of the east wing.

-------

After twenty minutes of aimless searching, I heard a faint howl from my right.