20. Impulsive much?

"Are you sure about this Emily?" Star protested once more, looking back at the healing center that we just came out of.

"Yep. Positive. How else are we going to keep that reckless teen in bed?" I reasoned back, remembering the look on Felix's face when I told him that I would find Topaz on my own.

"Well, I have to agree with that but... do you really think that that'll make him stay in bed?" Star kept glancing behind her, seeming to expect Felix to appear at any given second.

"I know him better than you do Em." Star spoke up once more.

"Well, in a healing center full of healers, I don't think that's very possible." I answered back. "On another note, you found me a new nickname?"

"Yep! Emily's a bit long, don't you think so?"

I chucked a bit.

"Yea, I guess so."

Star suddenly stiffened on my shoulder, making me wary of my surroundings.

"They're here, right?" I whispered to the bird, watching as she nodded back a reply.

"Ok. Star, use starwind!" I tried out a new attack, watching as she blew sharp stars all around us. Immediately, I could pick up the sounds of grunting and groaning coming from people hidden within the trees and bushes around us.

Great. We're surrounded.

"So, what's now?" Star turned her head towards me, getting ready for the next attack.

"Well, I guess we could..." I was about to give Star her next order when I heard some chattering behind me.

"Nur! Can we attack already?"

"Blast it! You gave us away you nitwit!"

"But Nur... I'm sure she already knows that we're here..."

"So? You're making it even more obvious!"

I turned around and watched as a man jumped out of the bushes. His hair was black. However, he had a spiky tuff of red hair towards the middle of his head. I assumed that this man was the so-called Nur. Especially since he seems to be leading the operation.

"Well, since you already know that we're here, attack!" He called out, confirming my earlier suspicions. Grunts jumped out of all the bushes, three Lionblitzs joining them in their endeavors.

"Yep. That's him." Star pointed a wing at the lionblitz in the middle. "That's Topaz."

I nodded slightly, wondering what I could use against the team.

"Alright Star, use air cutter!" I pointed towards the team, officially starting the battle. Star immediately complied, sending waves of wind towards the three Lionblitzs.

"Alright! Leo, use Water Gun. Pyrrhos, Flamethrower. Thunderous, Thunderbolt!"

"Star, use Ultra Space Rush to dodge the attacks and get in close. Then use peck and peck off Topaz's collar. While you're at it, try to get the golden-colored Lionblitz's off as well!"

I could tell that the Thunderous Lionblitz was stolen alongside Topaz. Especially since Nur was calling it by its species' name. Pyrrhos, however, was an original name and most likely belong to Nur from the start.

I felt my heartbeat quicken as Star rushed in, narrowly missing Topaz's collar. The residual energy of the lionblitzs' attacks whipped pass the yellow bird as she flew up steeply.

"Dang it!" Star shook her head crossly, charging in once again to grab the collar.

"Geez, you're pathetic Nur. How did you become one of the sub-leaders anyway? Winter, use ice beam!"

Sleet.

"Star! Counter it!"

She bobbed her head in understanding, dispersing the icy power with a Starbeam. Rushing in again, she managed to take a peck at Topaz's collar this time.

Star expertly dodged pass the other attacks, charging up a peck and preparing to unleash it on the Thunderous Lionblitz. Just then, Winter pushed the lionblitz aside, her collar getting a hard peck from Star. Sparks immediately started flying, the eyes of the Wolfabeast regaining its spirit. The confused wolfabeast looked around at the raging battle, shrinking back into its disguise form and running over to me.

"Winter you come back here!" Sleet called out. The fury in her voice was enough to up the temperature by a hundred degrees, making Winter whimper slightly at her commanding tone.

"Yes! I got it!" Star called up in triumph. I focused my attention back on her to see Topaz looking around. His golden eyes filled with confusion.

"Urgh! Summer, Autumn, Spring! Get them!" Sleet summoned her three other wolfabeasts to join the fight as Star dragged Topaz back to my side.

"Ok Star, transform!" I called out as the Spiritmals on Team Alchama's side prepared their attacks.

Afterwards, I grabbed both Winter and Topaz onto Star's back and called out an Ultra Space Rush.

"On no you don't!" A highly frustrated Sleet called out as the attacks from her three remaining wolfabeasts hit Star at the exact same time.

Star immediately cried out in pain, crashing into the ground. I immediately scrambled off her back with the two Spiritmals, asking Star if she was alright.

"Em... run. Let them get to me."

"Star?"

"Look Em! If you run now you may still manage to save Winter and Topaz! If you stay it may be a different story. Do me a favor and run!"

With the last of her strength, Star sent a gust in my direction, blowing me and the other two Spiritmals away from the Team Alchama members.

"Get them!" Sleet called out only to be held back by Nur.

"Let them be Sleet."

"You idiot! No way!"

He sighed.

"Look Sleet. We've got Star. Let the rest be. After all, they're not our prime concerns right now. Let's bag Star before she manages to get away."

She sent him such a firey look, he could have been barbecued if it were real fire.

I turned my attention back to the run.

Right now, the least I could do for Star was getting away from Team Alchama.

Even though I was slightly worried for Star, I knew that she was strong. She would be able to pull through this.

Everything will be all right in the end.