18. A confused trainer

"Wha-where..." I sensed a bit of movement as the 'sleeping beauty' finally awoke from his slumber.

Not bad, it only took him five hours.

"He's waking up!" Star echoed my thoughts, pointing a wing at Felix. The poor boy seemed to have lost all sense of direction.

"It's... freezing?" His voice was slightly slurred. Well, perhaps it was because he was only half awake.

"More like you're burning." I answered the confused boy.

Does Chill have some kind of status effect that's supposed to cause illnesses? For some weird reason, it seems to do so.

Well, I'll ask that question to the next healer I see.

Felix suddenly sat upright, wincing and grabbing his head as he did so.

"Where's Topaz?" He questioned, his voice demanding and cold, kind of contradictory to his body temperature. He seemed emotionless about the matter. However, I was able to hear the worry in his voice. Even though he was doing a good job at hiding it.

"Well..." I wondered what to tell him. "Topaz is the with Team Alchama at the moment but we'll go get him back as soon as..."

"Let's go now."

I blinked. "Sorry, what?"

"Topaz. Let's go find him..." he attempted to wiggle out from all the blankets that Star had piled him under, hissing in pain as he did so. "Curse this headache."

"Geez. You're as stubborn as ever aren't you? You need your rest! You're burning up right now and if something worse happens to you, our chance of getting Topaz back would become even slimmer!" Star chirped at the stubborn trainer in protest, gently pecking at his hand to stop him from removing the blankets.

To my surprise, Felix's expression seemed to have gotten even paler as he stared at Star.

"Umm... Star? What did you do?" I asked the little bird as I mashed up some apples.

"Nothing! I swear!" The bird answered back. "I swear it on the sun and the moon!"

"Star... Star speaks?" Felix seemed to be in so much shock I thought he might faint all over again. "Geez... maybe I am sick after all. I seem to be hallucinating or something."

"You... you can hear her talk?" I questioned. It was strange, especially since I was the only one that could understand what Star was saying... till now that is.

"Wait. I'm not hallucinating?" He grabbed his head tighter. "This is a dream this is a dream this is a dream..."

Star seemed to be confused for a moment before she finally understood what we were talking about.

"Wait. He can hear me talk as well?"

"Apparently so." I answered Star while handing Felix some fever medicine. "Take these alongside some mashed apples." I gestured to a bowl of the said food item.

"Wait so... Star can speak. To you at least. I mean, I can hear her now but..."

"Yea. We can communicate." I answered him. "It's been that way since Star first evolved."

"I see..." he answered. Looking at the bowl of mashed fruit. "You didn't poison this right?"

"Pardon?"

"You didn't poison these apples... right?"

I stared at him. "Of course not? What makes you think that I'll do that?"

"Just asking." He shrugged, eating some of the fruit. I shrugged myself, not letting his taunts bother me.
---------

I woke up from my slumber, looking up to see that it was still night. Star was perching, fast asleep, on the tree above myself. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, reaching for my water bottle.

Letting the cool liquid swim down my parched throat was pure bliss. I drank more of the water, finishing the bottle.

I felt a change in the atmosphere, sensing a bit of movement. Looking in the direction of the movement, my eyes landed on a sleeping Felix. Or a Felix that was pretending to be sleeping, at least.

"You're still awake? In your condition, Its kind of surprising."

"Why do you care peasant?" He grumbled, shifting once more.

"For starters, you're using my blankets." I pointed out. "And, we wouldn't be able to search for Topaz till you're better, a task that is near impossible to achieve if you don't get any rest."

"Fine, I'll sleep." He pulled the blanket over his head, leaving only a small part of his dark blue hair visible.

Somehow, I knew that it would take quite a while for him to fall asleep. If he got any at all that is.

He must be worried about Topaz.

He shifted once more, obviously restless and unable to go to sleep.

"You know, we can't find Topaz till you get better. I know that you're worried about him but you should at least try to get better, for him."

He growled in annoyance hearing my words. However, he kept quiet afterwards, seemingly having come to the decision of not giving me a proper answer.

I sighed at his behavior, trying to get myself to go back to sleep.
---------

So umm... there's a double update this week.

Yay!

Now, I'm just going to go back to drawing my Charizard's travels around the world.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's ok.)

See you guys in the next update.