9. Village of the beasts

I watched at the train went off on its way, towards the next station.

"That was a nice ride!" Star chirped happily, flapping her wings slightly.

"It sure was, Star." I answered her, flipping through a travel guide that I had packed before leaving home. "It looks like we're near Lilywolf village..." I mumbled, hoping that my map was pointing in the right direction as I started the trek to the village.

"Cool!" Star replied, looking over my shoulder. "What are you going there for?"

"Well... I do have to find a job, might as well start there."

"A job?" Star blinked. "But...but aren't you a racer?"

I chuckled quietly upon hearing that. "Star, not everyone has the privilege of being a racer. As for me, I've never got the chance. I'm sure that you know that you're my first spiritmal." I petted her gently on the head.

"Oh... I've never known... I... I thought everyone was either a racer, a coordinator or a battler..." she looked down a little, the feathers on her head drooping. "Seeing you so enthusiastic at the race, I thought..."

"That I was a racer." I finished off.

"Yea..."

"Don't worry Star, it's ok. Since I was young, I already knew that I wouldn't have a chance in races. In fact, having you as a spiritmal is already something that shouldn't be possible. Much less the fact that we could communicate. Anyway, why don't we talk about that later? We're here!"

By now, we had reached the edge of the forest. The edge of the trees giving way to a bright, open village. In the distance, I could even see mountains stretching as far as my eyes could see.

A few meters away from me on a little wooden sign, the words 'Lilywolf Village' were carved. With the smaller letters underneath spelling out the words: 'home of the wolfabeasts'.

Yep. We were here.

Walking into the village, I watched as the villages went about doing what they usually did. Most of them had wolfabeasts at their side.

The village was beautiful, with many ponds scattered throughout the entire area. In every single one of them, you could find water lilies growing in them, covering the water with a blanket of green.

Lilywolf Village really earned its name.

"Whoa! This village is pretty!" Star commented, seemingly looking around at the houses with roofs shaped like water lilies, some of them having laundry racks at the top of their houses in the water lily shaped roof. A few made a shelter in their roofs and a few others had gardens growing in them. I had to admit that this village was interesting. Wooden, metal and stone Wolfabeasts stood as statues. While a few flat designs were hung up as shop signs.

"Emily!" A voice sounded from behind me. Turning around, I found Tim and Fang running towards us. I waved them over, happy to see them again so soon. I felt my thoughts of getting a job slipping out of my mind. After all, it was always nice to see a friend!

"Hey Tim! How are you and Fang doing?" I asked them.

"Wait? You know them?" Star asked, tilting her head to one side.

"I'm doing fine Emily! Besides the fact that I mixed up the mail and got into trouble. It was a disaster!!!!!" He continued dramatically, placing a hand on his forehead.

Well, Tim had always been a dramatic person.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad..." I replied before Star chirped once more, upset at being ignored.