21. Bonds are deeper than worry

"So you mean to say that Star actually got captured by Team Alchama?" Felix rubbed his eyes, sitting up after a nap. Topaz was curled up at the foot of the bed, enjoying a nice rest after all it's been through.

"Ummm... yea?" I answered Felix's question, feeling slightly empty without the yellow bird. However, I didn't show it, answering his question as though he had asked if I was done with homework.

"You don't seem very worried for something like that." He raised an eyebrow, picking up the glass of water at the side of his bed and taking a sip out of it. I blinked.

"Of course I'm worried! Just not as much as you are. If I know Star, I would know that she'll prefer me to keep calm instead of worrying myself sick. Besides, I trust her to keep herself safe. Or that is, as safe as she could be in a mad science lab. Besides, I wouldn't want to freak out on a person who should be resting and not discussing such matters right now." I finished, taking a deep breath after all the ranting I had just did. I guess that I'm slightly more irritable at the moment, with Star gone and all.

That was when I heard someone knocking at the door.

"Come in!"

The door opened, revealing the healer behind it. In her hands was a pure white wolfabeast, her purple eyes seemingly full of fear.

She reminded me so much of Star when she accidentally wolfed down the turmeric bread, I felt my heart tighten at the sight.

Stay strong Emily, do it for Star.

"This is your wolfabeast right?" The healer asked, her voice breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Umm... yes." I quickly answered, the healer passing the spiritmal over to me.

"You know, that's a rare wolfabeast you've got there." She started.

"Umm... I guess..."

"It seems to have suffered from a trauma of some sort. Do you happen to have any idea what it could be?" She continued gently.

"Well, I saved it from its old trainer." I answered, hearing a slight gasp from Felix.

"Oh." The healer answered awkwardly, seeming to have no idea on how she could continue the conversation. "I'll be in the lobby if either of you need me." She finally concluded after an awkward moment of silence, running out of the room and closing it gently.

Some healer.

"Peasant?"

"Yea, what is it?"

"Does that wolfabeast happen to belong to..."

"Sleet? Yep, it's hers. Star freed it before she got captured."

I thought of the little bird once more, silently vowing on my life to get her out of Team Alchama's control.

At my words, Winter whined softly. Pulling me back to reality. Her purple eyes were full of regret and worry as she attempted to look in the other direction.

"Hey, it's ok pal." I stoked Winter gently, trying to calm her down. "It's not your fault. Do you have a trainer? Perhaps I could bring you back to her."

The wolfabeast shook her head, still refusing to face me.

"She's giving you the cold shoulder huh? Peasant?"

Well, Felix will be Felix.

"She is an ice type." I answered the annoying male as he blew his nose once more.

I rolled my eyes, continuing my little talk with Winter.

"Is your name really Winter?"

She nodded.

"Well then Winter, I forgive you. It's never really been your fault in the first place. You didn't want to work for Sleet, did you?"

She shook her head.

"Well, then it's all good isn't it?" I reasoned.

"No it's not. I didn't fight hard enough. I should have resisted more..." I heard another whine, realizing that it was Winter who was speaking.

"Did you hear that Felix?" I asked him for a confirmation.

"Hear what? You talking to Winter?" He looked up, visibly confused.

"No. Winter talking."

"Winter can talk?!"

At this, Winter perked up instantly. Curiously looking at me.

Ok so, apparently, Felix can't hear Winter but I could. Somehow.

"You can understand me?" The wolfabeast spoke up once more. I nodded, Felix still looking confused at the current happenings.

I looked back at Winter, a dull pain entering the back of my mind. I placed a hand on my head as I felt the pain growing sharper. Something seemed to be forcing their way into my head, making me cry out a little as the pain got worse, seeming to be spreading to all my nerves.

"Peasant? Peasant?! Are you alright?"

I faintly heard Felix's voice in the midst of the pain. However, I was unable to focus on it, the intensity of the pain getting worse every second. His voice became distant as flashes of electricity seemed to pass through my mind, shocking it to its core.

Just as I thought I was going to black out, the pain subsided, my mind clearing enough to make out Felix's words once more.

"Emily?!" His slightly hoarse voice rang clearly in my mind, pulling me fully back to reality.

He broke into a cough as he did so. I opened my eyes slowly, still feeling a little giddy. Soon enough, I was made aware of the whimpering Winter in my hands.

What happened?

"Are you alright?" Felix asked. I could hear the genuine concern in his voice and wondered if he actually meant it.

"I think I'm fine now." I answered, remembering something. "You called me by my name?"

He stalled for a while before answering.

"Is there a problem with that, Peasant?" He asked, emphasizing the word peasant. Oh well, Felix will be Felix.

It was then when I noticed that something felt different. It almost seemed as though I had a second presence in my mind.

"Hello? Helloooooooo? Anyone there?" I heard a familiar chirping from the inside of my head. I froze on the spot. It couldn't be... right?

"Geez... don't tell me that that didn't work. I thought it really did this time! Are you there Em?"

"Star..."
————————

So umm... we're nearing the ending of the first story in spiritmal.

Well, the ending is not that soon but still... soon.

So anyways, since I've never done a sequel before, should I continue the next story of Spiritmal in this very book or start a completely new project?

What do you guys think?