29. Strong Aura

Emily's point of view

The final battle.

The final chance.

The only way for it to be over and done.

I was still kind of confused, having just woken up seconds ago. However, I knew a few things. One, Star had evolved... again. Two, the Phoenixight was clearly under control, and three, If Star and the newly summoned Dawnmorix didn't beat the Phoenixight, the entire world may be done for depending on what Team Alchama wanted to do with the two legendaries.

"Emily? Can I attack yet?" Star asked through our telepathy.

"Of course Star, just go ahead." I replied her, searching for the Phoenixight's collar. It didn't seem to be wearing one, however. Still, I couldn't pinpoint if the gigantic bird actually had one due to its fast movement. This was especially so since Star and the Dawnmorix started attacking the bird, making it move faster than usual.

"I don't think it's wearing a collar, it seems to be corrupted from within." Felix answered my question, making me wonder if Star gave him the ability to read minds.

"I didn't do that Emily! Stop thinking nonsense!"

Ok... maybe not.

"How'd you know?" I asked him back.

"I can feel it. Surely you can as well peasant? Its aura's literally so strong, it's nearly blinding."

I relaxed a little, sensing the atmosphere. I could feel some aura radiating off the birds, clearly signaling to me that it was a strong one. Aura usually isn't naturally felt unless they were strong. However, the aura wasn't blinding, and I actually needed to concentrate to be able to feel it.

"I guess I could feel it..." I answered him. "But it isn't blinding."

"How is it not..." he protested, being cut off a little when the birds got a bit too close.

It was then when I noticed that he wasn't giving Topaz any commands.

"You're not fighting?"

He shook his head. "The aura's too strong, i don't think our attacks wouldn't even get close."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Try it yourself."

With that, I got Winter to fire off a blizzard attack, only for the aura to shun it away.

The Team Alchama members seemed to have known about the aura as well, especially since the entire Team was just watching the battle unfold, not doing anything about it.

As for the battle, it was intense. The Phoenixight seemed to be nearly evenly matched with Star and the Dawnmorix, even though a Phoenixight should have the same stats as of a Dawnmorix. We all silently watched as the Spiritmals landed attack after attack on each other. Above, a storm brewed. Most probably accidentally called upon by the three birds. The radiating waves of aura were also getting stronger, Felix seriously looking as though he wouldn't be able to take it much longer. Topaz was suffering slightly as well, but not nearly as much as his trainer.

"Felix?"

He winced.

"Stop taking peasant! It's hard enough to get through this massive aura, let alone getting through it with your mindless chatter!"

I could hear Topaz sigh at his trainer's words as he looked back up at the battle. "Don't worry about him, he's just grumpy that's all. He's right though, this aura is getting a little out of hand, even for me. Then again, we couldn't just run. That aura'll trap us even if we try... it's already too strong in that regard."

"Are you sure Topaz? Team Alchama look just fine..."

He twitched a little. " of course they are... they're not Felix..." he mumbled slightly.

Winter whined slightly as well, curling up into a tighter ball of white fur.

"I don't like the feeling of this..." the wolfabeast spoke softly, her voice barely heard.

"How's it going Star?" I questioned my spiritmal. The scuffle seemed to be lessening slightly, the Phoenixight seeming a little worn out.

"Not much longer. It wouldn't last much longer." The yellow bird replied, sending out a wave of aura and washing it over the Phoenixight. "Tell Felix that I'm sorry about the aura. I'm basically trying to stabilize Phoenixight with it." She sent out another wave of orange and blue energy, slowing down the Phoenixight further.

A few more waves of power finally calmed down the Phoenixight, leaving it in control of itself once more.

"We've lost." Sleet stated as soon as the Phoenixight was back to normal. She wasn't laughing... that was a first, as she quickly gathered the members of the team together, fleeing the area using teleport.

With that, Team Alchama left us alone in the surprising still extremely secure building, all on our own.

Looks like the team still managed to get away in the end.

Meanwhile, the Phoenixight and Dawnmorix flew back into the big blue sky, Star instead turning back into her disguise form and flying back to me.

"Em! Nice to see you again." She greeted, nuzzling her feathers into my neck.

"Nice to meet you too Star." I greeted back, finally climbing off Topaz. Felix did the same soon after. However, he still seemed a little shaken by the large amounts of aura from earlier.

"You ok?" Star questioned him. "Sorry about the aura, it was a little strong."

"A little eh?" He complained, rubbing his forehead as he said so.

"But it was a little... I hardly felt anything at all..."

"Emily... Felix isn't like you, or like the rest of the Team Alchama members." Her eyes betrayed amusement, making me confused. "Still, you wouldn't have to worry about it yet." She continued on, perching on my shoulder before speaking up once more.

"Now, what are we waiting for? Let's get out of here!"

—————————
I'm updating again,

Even though I shouldn't.

And this just goes to show

How desperate I am to complete this book.

Before I get busy and am unable to update regularly or at all.

So, that being said, the last chapter looks like it's going to be coming out tomorrow.

But like usual, no guarantees.

Welp. I don't think I even know what I'm writing anymore...