12. A new job

"Here's your package Mdm." I handed a bulky box over to an old lady as Star tried her best to catch her breath.

"Thank you young lady." The recipient of the package signed a confirmation letter and returned it back to me. Looking at the letter, I nodded upon confirming that the signature was there, thanking her and hopping back on Star's back.

Apparently, Star got so bored of working in the bakery, she practically started begging me to find a new job. Me being me, I decided to get one in the end for her sake.

"Ahh... This is the life. It's way more fun than working in the bakery. Now I know why Tim decided to take up this job!" Star chirped happily as she allowed the wind to blow through her feathers, soaring towards saffrona town.

"Well, at least it has a decent pay..." I muttered in response, checking the number of deliveries we had left. "It looks like this is our last stop for the day Star." I smiled, putting away a checklist.

"Nice!" Star agreed, losing altitude rapidly as soon as she spotted the little town. Soon, we were soaring right above the rooftops, allowing me to catch a glimpse of the houses as we flew by.

"House number 321, 322... 334... ok Star! We're close! You can land now!"

Star have me a nod to confirm that she had heard my words, landing on the ground seconds later.

"Wait for me here." I jumped off Star's back, grabbing a bunch of letters and slotting them into the mailbox.

"There! Done!" I grinned at Star, removing the satchel from her neck and converting it back into a backpack, wearing it on my shoulders.

Star chirped happily as she got my cue, detransforming into her disguise form and flying up onto my shoulder.

Whenever we were done with our deliveries of the day, we would always take the time to look around the last town, village or city we made a delivery to. Learning more about their cultures and broadening our horizons while we did so.

"Where to?" Star asked, seeming to be eyeing a nearby stand selling spiritmal snacks.

I laughed slightly, approaching the stand and asking Star what she wanted to eat.

"I... you don't have to... really..." Star looked away, seemingly embarrassed that I had found out what she had wanted.

"Come on Star it's no big deal! After all, you deserve a reward after working so hard all day." I smiled at her, seeing her struggle between wether she should decline or except the snacks. Finally, she gave in, pointing towards the food item that had interested her.

"Turmeric bread?" I looked at what she was pointing at, surprised that she would want to try something like that. Then again, I guessed that it was a good that she liked trying new things...

"Ok then." I payed the casher the money required and broke off a piece of the bread for Star to try it.

"Thanks a lot Emily! You're the best!" Star started pecking at the small piece of bread, her eyes twinkling as she gobbled up the rest of that piece within seconds.

"So good..." she exclaimed, practically snatching the rest of the bread out of my hand and finishing it in nearly no time. While this was happening, I just stared at Star in silence, not having expected that reaction from my usually polite spiritmal... minus the occasional times she used sarcasm of course.

Star looked at me, seeming to be guilty to have finished up that piece of bread so quickly. "Oops... sorry... you won't be abandoning me due to this right? I didn't mean it! I swear! I just... lost control of myself..."