17. Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring

"Well well well, so we meet again."

That voice...

I turned around to see a female, her uniform making her status as clear as day. As usual, the purple-haired women had her signature Winterwhite wolfabeast at her side.

"So, you've won the race huh? Impressive. That little bird of yours is surprisingly fast."

She laughed a little, evil reverberating in every little chuckle.

"And you, Felix Loinheart is it not? I must say, that lionblitz of yours is pretty fast as well..."

"Who are you?" Felix looked at the female in pure confusion.

"You don't know?" She smirked at us, making a shiver run down my spine. "My name is Sleet, and I am one of the Admins of Team Alchama."

So, she was an admin. No wonder she was so strong.

"What do you want this time?" I folded my arms, glad that Star was still in her true form. The Glowstaride was glaring angrily at Winter, her eyes seemingly telling the wolfabeast that she was back for revenge.

The evil chuckle pulled me back to our current conversation.

"Of course, I want Your Spiritmals, and you guys are going to hand them over."

"Umm... is this pathetic female serious? I'm obviously not going to hand Topaz to her." Felix raised an eyebrow. "Well, if it's a battle she wants it's a battle she'll get!"

"Wait! Felix! Winter is incredibly powerful. The whole of Team Alchama is! The last time I met them, they managed to steal a Scalemental!"

Upon hearing my words, Felix pinched the bridge of his nose in pure annoyance.

"We don't have a choice peasant! We're surrounded!"

I looked around, he was right. Even though they were hidden in the bushes, we still had a very low chance of getting away. As for the rest of the competitors, they seemed to have all fled the scene at the arrival of Team Alchama. Well, at least they would be safe. Even though it meant that there was no way for us to ask for help.

"Topaz, use Hydro Canon on that wolfabeast!"

Well, seeing that Felix had already started the battle.

"Star! Use swift!"

Another smile appeared on Sleet's face.

"Winter. Chill."

I felt colder as soon as I heard those words, knowing that that attack could easily result in a one hit knockout.

"Star!"

"Don't worry Emily! I've got this!" Star used protect, surrounding both herself and I. To my horror, however, I realized that Felix and Topaz were both out of the barrier.

I watched, helpless as Topaz roared due to the cold, obviously having taken a lot of damage even though water types were supposedly resistant against ice type moves.

Felix himself didn't seem to be doing too well, even though he seemed to have a better resistance to the cold than I did.

"Team Alchama..." I heard Star mutter angrily as they shocked Topaz with a taser.

Getting rid of the protect barrier, I watched at Star used her newly-learned Ultra Space Rush on Winter, knocking the wolfabeast off balance.

"Huh. Impressive." She smiled at us as Topaz reverted back to its disguise form, exhausted from the battle.

"To-Topaz..." I looked to my left to see Felix struggling to stay awake himself.

"Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring. Combine your attacks and powers deep within. All as one, unify. Show me all your battle cries!"

I looked up to see Winter surrounded by four other Wolfabeasts. An Autumnleaf, a Solaburst and a Freshflower.

They were all extremely rare variants. Solabursts having been said to have gone extinct about a year back.

All four Wolfabeasts seem to be brimming with power. A battle howl sounded through the air, immediately followed by a super-charged unity attack.

"Star! Use Starbeam!"

Star nodded. "On it!"

She immediately pulled off the attack, following it up with an extra Air Cutter. I quickly ordered an Ultra Space Rush, dealing a huge amount of damage to the four Wolfabeasts and getting rid of the unity attack.

"Hmmm... retreat Team Alchama!" Sleet called out, commanding the four Wolfabeasts back to her side.

"Give us back Topaz!" I commanded, pointing at the weakened lionblitz.

"Ha. No. We may be retreating, but you're not getting this back!" She snapped her fingers, suddenly disappearing.

"Huh? Where did they go?" Star looked around, confused as to how all the members could disappear at once.

"Perhaps it was the move Teleport."

"Maybe..."

It was only then when I remembered the fainted Felix that was still lying on the ground. Rushing over, I realized that he was freezing and shivering badly.

Well, that was that whole point of a Chill attack, right?

"Star? What do we do with him?" I asked. Not taking my eyes off Felix.

"Why are you asking me?" She immediately retorted.

The two of us just looked at Felix in silence for a while.

"I just want your opinion Star." I finally answered, not knowing what to do with him.

"Well, if you're asking me, I guess we'll have to get him warmed up." Star suggested. "Unless you want to leave him here to die of hypothermia. That could come in handy."

"Star! Just because he left you to die doesn't mean that you should do the same!" I scolded her, shaking my head as I dragged an unconscious Felix to the nearest tree.

"I was just joking..." Star answered, her eyes seeming to bear some kind of hurt. "He may be a jerk of a trainer. However, he was still my trainer once. If you think that I'm ever going to leave him anywhere to die, you're wrong." She looked at me, pledging to be forgiven.

I sighed. "I'm glad to know that."

Star's eyes brightened up instantly as she transformed back into her disguise form. "Still, it would be more peaceful without his harsh remarks."

"Star!" I exclaimed, shaking my head.

However, I still smiled despite myself.