19. Control and Order

"Ok, I get the fact that you're extremely worried for Topaz but seriously Felix you're still running a fever!"

I was getting fed up. Like seriously, would he ever listen?

"Typical Felix, the stubborn boy that listens to no one." Star chirped in, making Felix growl slightly.

"Shut up you stupid bird!"

"Yea. Like I will. Not anymore Felix!"

The boy growled once more. However, he stayed silent after that. I guessed that it was for the best. The last thing I wanted right now was to break up a fight between Felix and Star.

We continued walking aimlessly around the forest, hoping that we would somehow bump into Team Alchama once more.

Obviously, I wouldn't be trilled to encounter them. However, what else could we do right now?

I sensed movement on my shoulder, making me stop and stare at Star.

"Star?"

The spiritmal didn't respond, seemingly looking around for something.

"What is it Star?" I asked once more, wondering what could make her act this way.

"Shush Em, I think I heard something." Star placed a wing on my mouth, efficiently keeping me quiet.

Noticing the action, Felix walked back towards us.

"What's wrong with you folks? Why did you..."

"Shush!" Star removed her wing from my mouth, using her other to cover Felix's.

"Hm!" His eyes opened in surprise, clearly not having expected that.

Silence descended upon the three of us, the rustling of the trees and bushes with the occasional chirping of birds being the only sounds in our current area.

For me that is. Star could clearly hear something that I couldn't.

"Left!" The bird suddenly called out, using her ultra space rush to get out of the middle of me and Felix and to push us to the side. A scald attack landed where we had just been, narrowly missing us by a few centimeters.

I looked up, the familiar purple costume catching my eye.

"Team Alchama!"

"Sleet!" Felix added on, jumping back to his feet immediately.

"I'm impressed, you recovered fast for Winter's chill attack." Sleet did her signature chuckle. Now that I think about it, she seemed to be perpetually laughing. Or at least, she came close to that.

"Give Topaz back." Felix demanded, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked on to see both him and Sleet engaged in a showdown, neither backing down from the other.

"Hmm... bold statements young man. Especially since you do not have a second spiritmal to back you up."

Felix flinched slightly at the statement. However, he kept up his stare, clearly not going down without a fight despite the circumstances.

"And now, I would like the two of you to meet the newest addition to my team." She whistled, calling out Winter alongside another spiritmal.

My breath caught in my throat.

No way.

Yet, this was Team Alchama we were talking about. It was very much possible.

Felix looked as shocked as I was. No. He was probably going through worse.

Sleet smirked once more, her next words proving all of our nightmares to be true.

"Topaz, use ice beam."