25. The old lady

The room was beautiful, the bits and pieces of shining stone in its walls reflecting the light off the gigantic, old fashioned lamp hanging from the ceiling. Giant bookcases were plastered against some of the walls, reaching up to a few meters tall. At a desk in the middle of the room, a young man was reading through a ton of papers. He looked up, however, when me, Felix and the old lady walked in.

"Welcome back Professor. These new notes just came in and I thought you might want to have a look at them." The man stood up, showing a few pieces of paper to the old lady.

"Professor? She was a professor?" Star piped up. I ignored her for a second, focusing my attention on the old lady.

She had picked up the papers and was currently glancing through its contents. "Hmm... these could come in handy." She replied the young man. "I'll keep them myself when I'm done with them."

"Of course Professor..." he turned his head, finally noticing the two of us.

"You brought visitors?"

The old lady nodded. "Yes, yes I did. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to talk to these two in private."

"Of course Professor!"

She nodded to me and Felix. "Would the two of you please follow me to the meeting room? It's not that far."

"Of course." Felix helped us answer, following after the professor. I had no choice but to tag along, following the two of them into a small meeting room.

The meeting room had a round table in its middle, five chairs around it. The old lady sat down on one of them, gesturing for us to do the same. We complied, sitting down as well.

"Before we start, I would like to introduce myself as Professor Nightshade, Professor Amelia Nightshade." She extended her arm, clearing initiating a handshake.

"I'm Emily." I introduced myself, accepting the handshake. "And that Wolfabeast is Winter."

"Ah. I see. How about you young man?" I looked at Felix to see him hesitating for a while before except the handshake.

"Felix." He replied softly, almost as though he was hoping the old lady couldn't hear him.

"Felix Loinheart?" She blinked. "Well, I should have guessed with your blue hair and lionblitz."

"..."

"You are Felix Loinheart, aren't you?"

"Yes Mdm..."

"Ah. Nice to meet you aspiring racer."

"Nice to meet you too I guess." Felix answered.

It was then the professor decided to turn her attention back to me.

"Anyways, it's about time we got down to business. Emily, may I ask where your glowstaride is?" Her voice had a bit of urgency within it, making me wonder what could have gotten her so worried.

"She got stolen by Team Alchama." I answered honestly. "Me and Felix are on our way to rescue her."

"Yea! And the two of you better hurry up!" Star added in my head.

"Team Alchama..." I brought my attention back to the spaced out Professor Nightshade, watching as she blinked and returned to us moments later.

"This is bad." She continued, the urgency in her voice getting stronger.

"Yea... I miss Star... but at least I know that she's doing ok..."

"Young Emily..." the professor sighed, cutting me off. "It's worse than that.

Do you even know why Team Alchama wants your spiritmal?"

"Cause she's powerful?" I suggested, making her sigh once more.

"It's more than that." She crossed her arms, explaining further. "You see, I'm an archeologist. One that travels around to uncover old ruins and find out the legends behind the many legendary Spiritmals we have. While I was exploring the mountains behind Windsteed City, I uncovered a legend. The legend of the stars."

She paused a while, looking up at the ceiling.

"On an ancient script I found there, it was written that the Dawnmorix and the Phoenixight were the protectors of the galaxies."

"But I thought they were the protectors of the sun and the moon?" Felix questioned, seeming genuinely interested in the topic.

"Ah! They kind of are." The professor answered. "Let me explain." She cleared her throat.

"There is one Dawnmorix and one Phoenixight in every solar system. The Dawnmorix is a representation of the sun, the star shining brightly in the middle of it all, while the Phoenixight is a representation of all the planets in the system. Even so, a common misconception is that people call it the protector of the moon."

She paused again, drinking some water.

"But there is a third legendary. One that is unknown to almost all in the universes for its safety. The Star, or what the scientists have named a Glowstaride."

"A what?!" I exclaimed. "So you mean to say that I've been holding on to a legendary Pokémon for the past..." I counted silently. "The past three months?!"

She nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I questioned.

"Because I didn't know." She replied. "Not until recently."

"Does Team Alchama know about this?"

She nodded. "That's why they're after your Glowstaride. In fact, I've done some research on their activity. According to my findings, they seem to be after both Dawnmorix and Phoenixight. Thus stealing your Glowstaride and setting their base in Windsteed so that they can get their hands on the Dusk and Dawn stones from the ruins nearby. Combined with a Glowstaride, the two stones could call upon Phoenixight and Dawnmorix respectively." She explained.

"Luckily though, I've managed to get my hands on this." She produced a bright, orange-yellow stone.

"This is a Dawn stone. The required object, alongside a Glowstaride, to summon Dawnmorix."
—————————

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's a chapter for you guys to enjoy during this festive season.

I hope that everyone has a great time this Christmas with their family and friends!