8. A whole new world!!!!!

"So... you've decided?" The healer asked as I captured Star using my new Spiritmal dexter.

"Yea. She's cool!" I answered as Star managed to fly the short distance from the counter onto my shoulder. Well, we had been practicing a lot yesterday...

"Cool! You taught her to fly!" The healer smiled. "I'm surprised that she recovered so quickly though."

"Oh... umm... she evolved." I explained, offering Star a piece of dried grape.

"Yum!" Star cheered as she started in on her tasty treat.

"You know, I think the two of you are going to work out." The healer's grin became wider. "Here's a book on wild plants and their medical properties. It will be useful for your travels and a good gift for both you and Star."

"Thanks!" We answered together. As we walked out of the healing center, I realized that the healer seemed to have said nothing about Star being able to talk.

"Thanks a lot for taking care of me Jane! However, I think I'll be sticking with Emily from now on!" Star called out. The healer still not responding to her words.

Perhaps... perhaps only the two of us are able to communicate other each other?

"Who's Jane?" I asked Star as we walked down the pathway.

"Oh. That's the name of the healer in that particular healing center." Star answered. "She's nice."

I nodded quietly as we walked out of the stadium. The train station back to mainland was across Tikee Jungle, the jungle right outside Seamon Town. According to my calculations, we would reach the train station by evening if we were to take the shortest route. Oh well... at least it wasn't so bad. Trekking through a jungle could take days.

"What's actually out there?" Star tilted her head to one side in curiosity. "From what I could remember, I've always stayed within Seamon Town."

"Out there? Well, it's a whole new world!!!! A dazzling place you've never seen!" I sang, making up my own remix of the famous Disney movie Aladdin.

"Why does that sound familiar?" Star looked up slightly, deep in thought. I smiled.

"I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid!
I know no one has ever let you and your heart decide
I could open your eyes
Show you kindness and mercy
Trough thick and thin we'll stick together and explore the never seen

A whole new world!
A place none of us ever see
We are now on our own
We could go
To the places we've never been

A whole new world!
We will explore together
Come on now little Star!
Let's all go!
I'm exploring this whole new world with you."

Star blinked. Twice. "I didn't know that you could sing." She finally said. "Why does that sound so familiar?"

I sighed. Suddenly feeling like singing another song.

"I will be here, right by your side here.
I will hold near, all that you love so dear.
Thus looking elsewhere, my life is here to share.
Just want to show I care.
I know we just got started, and I'm exicted.
This may not seem all perfect, but you know what?
Our story's just beginning, I'm gonna give it my all
Oh Yeah.

Together we can reach for the stars.
Together we are stronger as one.
Together we'll make dreams come true.
Together sharing the love with all that we do.
Let our hearts sing.

Woah-oo-woah.
Woah-oo-woah-o-woah.
Together, together as one.
We're so much more.
The two of us!
Woah-oo-woah.
Woah-oo-woah-o-woah.
Together, together as one.
We're so much more.
The two of us!"

"Ok... nice singing and all but umm... do you mind stopping for a moment?"

"Huh. Ok." I stopped singing. The two of us walking in silence for a moment.

"Can I try singing?" Star suddenly asked, breaking the silence from the past ten minutes."

"Oh. Sure! Go on Star!"

"For the first time in forever,
I have learned how to fly!
For the first time in forever!
I've a future strong and bright!
Not having to worry about tomorrow
Knowing everything'll be alright!
For the first time in forever!
I've actually got a life."

Hearing that, I just stared at Star. "Was that meant to be sarcasm?"

Star blinked. "Not at all.

I've been searching all my life to find my own place, and suddenly I bumped into you.
I've been trying all my life to impress Felix, something I no longer will do." Just listening to Star's remix made me feel more awkward.

"Umm..."
————————

"Tickets! Tickets please!" The conductor called out just as we arrived at the train station. Giving him my ticket, I went onto the train as well, finding a place to sit.

"Are we going to sing more?" Star tilted her head to one side, something that I had realized she would do whenever she was curious, interested or confused. The few hours in the jungle really helped me get to know my spiritmal better.

In fact, Star had even seemed to have managed to reassure herself that I was not abandoning her... at least not anytime soon. Well... at least she was adapting fast.

"Perhaps not now Star." I answered her earlier question. "Also, you do seem much more relaxed now. What's up?"

"Well... Umm..." Star struggled for a while to find her words. "To be perfectly honest, I'm just... more hopeful about the fact that you won't abandon me. You just seem more open somehow? I... I don't really know myself..."

I paused for a while, never having expected that reply. "I promised, Star..."

Star looked down a little. "I know... but it's still kind of hard..."

I nodded, sighing as I did so. "I understand Star. Don't worry about it."

Star nodded quietly as the train left the island, heading back to mainland.

Author's note:

Who could get the references in the chapter?