23. Mission Windsteed begins

"Why Windsteed City?" Felix questioned me. We were currently sitting on a bench at platform D of the train station in Foresdwell village, the closest train station from the healing center we were at.

"That's because Star overheard a few conversations and apparently thinks that she may be in Windsteed. Besides, the compass direction of that particular city happens to match the direction of Star's presence." I paused for a while, remembering something. "You know, you don't have to tag along if you don't want to. In fact, I would prefer that you take it easy for the next few days. You still have a slight cough after all."

He shook his head.

"As much as it is annoying to be stuck with a peasant, I owe you quite a lot from the past few days. As such, I'm coming along to return the favor." He explained while picking up Topaz to stop him from playing with his shoelaces, coughing a bit in the process.

"Hey! Those strings are fun!" The lionblitz protested, reluctantly curling up on Felix's lap instead.

I smiled a little at the lionblitz before petting the sleeping Winter on my own lap.

"Em!"

I got a little shocked at the sudden noise, calming down when I realized that it was just Star communicating with me.

"Star! Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry Em... just popping in to ask you if I can play with Wolfie after after you rescue me and we revisit your home."

"Wolfie?" I felt my face heat up slightly. "Wolfie as in..."

"Your favorite stuffed toy that you slept with, fed and played with every day till you were ten."

"Star! How many times did I tell you not to stalk my memories?!" I groaned a little, Felix giving me a look of amusement.

"Star reading your memories again?" He guessed, chuckling a little.

I nodded quickly, finishing up my conversation with Star. Winter woke up upon sensing my slight movement, sending a curious look at me. Her facial expressions made it clear that she was wondering what was wrong.

"It's nothing Winter, just Star reading my memories again." I explained to the wolfabeast, petting her on the head. She sent me another weird look before curling up once more, trying to get back to sleep.

She didn't get much rest, however, as the train arrived a minute later. I watched as Winter stretched, annoyed to be awakened once more. Picking her up, I followed Felix. Giving my ticket to the conductor. Boarding the train, me and Felix decided to seat opposite each other, Spiritmals by our sides.

The interior of the train housed pairs of seats facing each other at either side, a table between every four seats. It was different from the train I had first ridden with Star, the train having seats in pairs that all faced a certain direction. Settling down in my seat, I passed a small piece of meat to Winter, watching as she ate it slowly. She didn't talk much, making it difficult for me to bond with her. That being said, however, she made life a lot more peaceful than Star did.

"Hey! I heard that!" An angry chirping sounded in my head.

"What can I say Star?" I answered. "You do spice up my life... but in a good way."

"Good." Star answered. "Geez... I wish I had something to eat... I'm hungry."

"I'll make sure I have a stock of Turmeric bread when I rescue you."

"Thanks Em!"

"You're welcome." I answered, hearing the train's whistle in the distance. Soon enough, the train started moving forward slowly, heading towards our destination, Star.

I looked out of the window as we passed by the rest of Foresdwell, trees and houses in between passing the train as it continued along its way. I continued looking out at the scenery, hearing a few weird growl-like noises from my right. Looking in that direction, I could see Topaz giving Felix some Babydoll eyes, Felix getting slightly angry as he kept repeating the word 'no'.

"What's going on?" I ask, stopping the argument between the two.

"Nothing. It's none of your business Peasant." Felix quickly answered, asking Topaz to stop his nonsense.

"Hey Emily," Topaz spoke directly to me, surprising me. "I was asking my trainer here to play a game of exploding kittens with you. You see, it's one of my favorite things to team up with him and play the game with other people. Would you beg him for me? Please?"

I couldn't help but agree to help him. Geez... I certainly didn't know that Topaz could be such a sweetheart once you got to know him better. Besides, I happened to play that game as well, wanting to find out what would happen if me and Felix were to showdown.

"So, I challenge you to a game of exploding kittens." I smirked at him. He stared back, his eyes full of visible confusion. A second later, he seemed to understand what was going on, facepalming himself.

"You told her huh, Topaz?" He asked, his lionblitz giving him a nod of confirmation. He sighed once more.

"Fine then, I accept your challenge. However, before that, I have a question to ask."

"Fire away."

"Do you even know how to play that game?"

I smirked. "Definitely. I'm the master in my family."

"I see." He flipped his hair. "I'm a master too, and I'll let you know that I'm not losing to a peasant."

"Cool! I'm so going to see this!" Star's presence got stronger, indicating that she was watching our battle.

"Game on."
—————————

So, I'm counting 8 chapters left before the official closing of the first book in the Spiritmal series. (That is, unless my content is so long that it spills over multiple chapters.)

As for a Christmas special, there will kind of be a Christmas special someday...

However, it would be way after Christmas, most probably in either the second or the third book. (If I have a plot for a third book) As I want the chapter to actually make sense in the story.

With Christmas coming and all, I think I'll try my best to post more chapters within the weekend and the next week.

Till the next time, stay peachy guys!