Legacy - Part 3 : Fireworks

Hello everybody !

Here you are a new chapter, I hope you'll enjoy it !

Once again, I would like to thanks Sherlolly29 for her beta work and for updating my chapter !

Legacy – Part 3: Fireworks

Xiaoxi was strolling by the supermarket shelves, looking for some interesting stuff. She was aware of Jiang Chen's presence behind her, making her heart race. Maybe he was reluctantly following her but he indeed agreed to go with her in the small supermarket next to their high school. And...he was still wearing her bracelet on his wrist which filled her heart with hope.

She abruptly stopped and the love of her life almost stumbled on her, softly mumbling complaints. In front of her, there was the Childcare Department. There were some baby clothes, baby food, nappies, baby toys; baby bottles... everything there were unfamiliar to her. After all, she was only five years old when SuZhi was born, she didn't pay attention to her mother's preparations for her little brother's arrival.

But today, it was different. She was sixteen years old; she had the feeling that she had to take care of her family's soon to be new little ones when they arrive home. Yes, 'ones', because there won't be just one baby in her mother's belly...she remembered very well when her mother announced it to SuZhi, their father and herself. They were in the living room, sitting on the sofa, while Shancai was standing in front of them, her hand nervously stroking her belly like she was protecting it. She couldn't stop swallowing but didn't manage to speak.

Eventually, her father stood up and went to stand next to her, wrapping his arms around her waist to encourage her to speak. Xiaoxi was really nervous and was imagining all scenarios her mother could possibly announce to them; from the choice to adopt a chihuahua to the announcing of a terrible incurable diseases she would have had. As for SuZhi, he seemed unconcerned about all this and impassively watched their mother, his legs jolting impatiently because he was surely eager to go and organize his toys in the new piece of furniture with many drawers that nainai Feng had just gifted him.

Daoming Si had lovingly massaged her mother's hands and Xiaoxi had silently admired them, daydreaming that one day Jiang Chen would do the same thing with her, morally standing by her when she'll had to say this terrible news to her family. Shancai soon had opened her mouth and what she had said was the least thing Xiaoxi had though she would have announced to them.

"I'm pregnant."

While their father was radiantly grinning, SuZhi and Xiaoxi exchanged confused looks.

"SuZhi, you're going to be a big brother, you'll become a gēge! And you, Xiaoxi, you'll be a jiějie again!"

SuZhi's expression became clouded with unexplained emotion while Xiaoxi eyes blinked in confusion which was then replaced by happiness.

XiaoXi turned to her brother and excitedly poked his cheek. "Be Happy little bro! You'll see, it'll so fun to have brothers and sisters! Who knows? Maybe he'll be a genius and you'll be understood at last!"

SuZhi had meticulously observed her from head to toes. "For Sure, it would be great!" He finally spoken.

Xiaoxi shifted her attention back to her parents who were hugging each other, stuck in their world of happiness.

"Do you know if it will be a boy or a girl, mummy?"

Shancai smiled teasingly. "Not yet, my lizard. I don't know their genders yet!"

The whole room turned silent then the three exclaimed in chorus; "THEIR?!"

Shancai nodded, laughing, amused. "Yes... They are twins!"