Legacy - Part 4 : Exam and birth

Hi !

Here a new part (and the last part) of legacy !

Sherlolly29, thank you a lot for your beta work ! ^_^

Legacy – Part 4 : Exam and birth

Time was flying and it was still hard for Xiaoxi to heal her heartbreak. Jiang Chen still tried to talk to her, to reconcile with her but she remained distant with him. Moreover, when he managed to be alone with her, either Wu Bosong, LiWei or both came and interrupted them.

In extreme pain, Xiaoxi's grades were dangerously falling. Her teachers were always looking after her, sermons her with every little mistake she did. The school year was ending soon, she just managed raise her next grade but her teachers were worried about her first senior class exams which she should pass by the beginning of the next academic year, after summer holidays, only in a few months. They ended up summoning Xiaoxi's parents. Daoming Si was on a business trip so it was only Shancai who could come.

"Xiaoxi has to improve her grades imperatively." The young girl's advisor told her. "If she can't, she could have big difficulties in passing her twelfth year."

Then she showed a revised program to Shancai who carefully listened to the teacher.

"With her father, we'll make sure she'll work on it this summer." Madam Daoming answered. "We're going to London in two months; it should help Xiaoxi to improve her English at least."

The teacher was delighted that Shancai agreed to cooperate and she gave her a satisfied and relieved smile. Shancai didn't say anything to the teacher but she really thought this distance would be best for her daughter to feel emotionally better because Jiang Chen. She was happy that Daoming Si was already in England because he was already very mad at the young man who hurt his daughter. She didn't want to make him angrier when she told him that it was because of Jiang Chen that his daughter's grades were sadly falling.

A few days later, Shancai carefully thought about the problem. She asked some advices from Zhuang and Feng via video conference (both women being in London with Daoming Si), and to Xiaoyou, Ximen, Lei and Meizuo as well, who were staying in Shanghai at the moment. She even met up with Qinghe and LiZhen (who just came back from their honeymoon) at the Rabbit's Hole to ask them their advices as well.

When she had cleared up her mind and she had made a plan in her head, she decided to talk to Xiaoxi. The young girl was lying on her bed, staring at nothing, and her mother couldn't help but sighed. Her daughter had to shake herself up, it was becoming unbearable.

Shancai sat at the edge of her bed and put her hand on the teenager's shoulder. "Xiaoxi?"

Xiaoxi turned towards her mother, making Shancai takes a deep breath. "Listen, I thought a lot about it. I'm aware that this thing with Jiang Chen burdens you...but you can't allow yourself to fail in your studies, it would be such a pity! If you want your dream to become a comic artist comes true, you have to shake yourself up!"

Xiaoxi sighed. "It's not really easy." She said. "Every day, I see Jiang Chen. Every day, I see him talking to Li Wei. Every day..."

Shancai gently massaged her daughter's shoulder.

"That is the reason I had an idea. Maybe you should..." She stopped, thinking about how to form her words. "...you should go to another high school."

Her statement hit with a bombshell and Xiaoxi abruptly get up. "Wh-- What?!" She choked.

Shancai calmly carried continued. "I carefully thought about it. Nainai Feng talked to us for years about this private high school where your father and Gugu Zuang went. I talked about it to uncle Ximen, aunt Xiaoyu and their son. Měilì1, is going to this high school. You remember Měilì, aren't you? He's finishing his 10th grade in September. You were really good friends when you were children. We could ask him to come to our house and talk to you about this. He would tell you things about this high school and could even show it to you. What do you think?"