The Mermaid of Copenhagen - part 3

Hi everybody!

Here a new chapter for the "Mermaid of Copenhagen". It's also a new prompt, "fear", for the prompt series written by JVH624 Daphnecs8 Meggyhashope Dr-Cokebottles rainingmeteors

Enjoy!

The Mermaid of Copenhagen – part 3

Shancai was afraid.

She feared Daoming Si's intentions, what he wanted to do, and, above all, how far he could go.

But she was also scared by herself. Maybe she wasn't able to resist him, to not be strong enough or, worse, perhaps she didn't want to reject him and wished to allow herself to listen to her desires. She was overwhelmed by her feelings, and she ignored is she could stop loving him one day.

She worried about what would happen to her friend if she broke her promise to Daoming Feng. Despite what she could say and her defiance, the Daoming matriarch terrorized her, especially when she threatened her loved ones. She strongly doubted that her degree of nuisance could have some limits.

But, worst of all, her feelings were utterly conflicting. She had another fear, and it was about Daoming Si giving up, forgetting her and, mainly, stoping to love her.

Shancai already saw Daoming Si's indifferent gaze – even if, in reality, he struggled to look like that – and it was the worst of all.

She closed her eyes and dropped her head in her hands, sighing painfully.

She loved Daoming Si; she loved him more than anything. She had always been brave and strong, but now, she found herself utterly vulnerable to these new feelings. She surprised herself to dread everything, opening her eyes in the morning, what she could say or do in front of him, and even to close her eyes, to be haunted by him even in her dreams.

She hoped that going away from him would allow her to become the old Shancai again, but Daoming Si didn't seem ready to let her go and continued to torment her relentlessly. The day before, she felt he still loved her. She surprised herself to hope he would kiss her, and she longed to follow him in his room again, even if he was gentleman enough to not suggest it to her.

She was deep in her thoughts and startled when somebody knocked on the door. Mette's cute face appeared, still queasy in her body growing up too quickly. Smiling to the child, Shancai gestured her to come in, and the young danish girl came and sat shyly beside her on the bed. "Are you going out again today?" Mette asked in hesitant English, staring at her bed and her dressing table.

Then, Shancai realized that, without being aware of it, she spread out a few outfits on her bed, she took out her make-up and her clips, her rubber bands and other things to find some hairstyles. Her cheeks immediately reddened.

What was wrong with her? She spent her night trying to persuade herself she would better send a message to Daoming Si, canceling the visit of the day, pretending she caught a cold. As a result, she didn't send any text, and she was already getting ready.

"You were pretty yesterday." Continued Mette with a cute smile. "If I were you, I would take the same clothes. If the boy you saw yesterday gives you a new date today, surely it's because he likes you!"