Missed opportunities

Hello everybody!

Here a new prompt for the prompt series written by JVH624 Dr-Cokebottles Meggyhashope Daphnecs8 rainingmeteors

This time it's "missed opportunities" and I propose you a different story... I hope you'll like it!

Enjoy!

Missed opportunities

There were so many opportunities that Shancai and Daoming Si missed, they didn't take their chances, and they lost moments of happiness forever. It must be said that these two were very stubborn!

In the beginning, if Daoming Si weren't so arrogant and violent, maybe Shancai would have given him more attention instead of turning to Lei, the calmest boy of the group.

Even then, he could have been more careful when he walked. Impossible that he didn't feel that damn mobile phone when he stepped on it! If he couldn't prevent that accident, he could at least have picked up this object and given it back to its owner!

But, let's suppose he didn't notice anything; when Shancai faced him with her broken mobile phone, it wasn't such a big deal to apologize, was it? Honestly? It was the same thing when that cake landed on his head; it was admittedly annoying, but it was only an accident! Why did he throw away that young girl who was apologizing? We could understand that Shancai was so angry!

Let's imagine, if he had a correct behavior from the very beginning, he would have apologized to Shancai for her phone and would have suggested to buy her another one. The young woman, abashed by his shining smile, would have softened and would have been surprised to accept to take the drink Daoming Si suggested.

His head covered with whipped cream, he would have burst into laughter and Shancai would have joined him in his hilarity. Then, embarrassed, she would have promised to Lizhen to cook her a new cake and would have suggested to Daoming Si to clean him. The young man would have accepted, and, with a seductive smile, would have proposed her to treat him for dinner to catch up. Shy but charmed, Shancai would have accepted immediately.

But no! This moron preferred ordering twenty caterer dishes to her mother, trapping Shancai and humiliating her, pointing out her family's mediocrity. So, of course, the young woman didn't accept he attacked her parents and told him a few home truths. And it's useless to say it wasn't his best truths.

But, again, Daoming Si could have caught up! He could have looked down, sincerely apologized, tasted a dish, and told her it was delicious indeed. After that, he could have suggested eating that with him, admitting they had a bad start, and they could start over.

Unfortunately, we are talking about Daoming Si! This fool threw one of her mother's dishes in her face! A score of zero for him! He couldn't be surprised that Shancai was so furious and kicked him on the face the next morning!

It's useless to say that Daoming Si could have caught up again. Although, this time, we can admit he tried but had failed to the exams of the unit "social relationships, especially with girls." Kidnapping Shancai, putting some makeup on her, and dressing her like a doll, then speaking very arrogantly to propose her to become his girlfriend wasn't the best way to have a chance she accepted!

Finally, he scored points when he visited her at her parents' house when she was feverish. This time, he was courteous, charming, and the couple Dong loved him. But Shancai had become too suspicious.