The mermaid of Copenhagen - part 2

Hi everybody!

Here the next chapter of  my Caisi story in Copenhagen! Here a new prompt as well for the prompt serie written by JVH624 Daphnecs8 Meggyhashope Dr-Cokebottles rainingmeteors The prompt is "warmth"

Enjoy!

The mermaid of Copenhagen – part 2

The first thing Shancai felt was anger. How dare he come here? She moved away to rebuild her life, to recover from her so painful sacrifice! Wasn't she enough hurt? Wasn't she blaming herself sufficiently?

She tried her best to change her mind and to forget she missed him dreadfully. Why did he come here to torture her? Did he enjoy her misfortune? Did he want to revenge because he was hurt? She wanted to yell at him, to hit him and to cry. "What are you doing here?" She blurted out without thinking while Helle and her friends watched them with widening eyes because they didn't understand a single mandarin word.

Well, ok, Shancai couldn't lie to herself; actually, anger wasn't the first thing she felt. And, truth to be told, she was especially furious with herself. Because, when she saw Daoming Si, she realized it was what she hoped all morning long. She felt relieved, and a strange but delightful warmth invaded her whole body.

She closed her eyes and tried to come to her senses. Daoming Si still stood in front of her, smiling strangely. He was getting on her nerves; he was very annoying! Well – actually, not really. He wasn't indifferent anymore, nor angry, and her heart fluttered even more while that odd warmth spread out in her chest. And it was that feeling that got on her nerves; it was what she felt and what she shouldn't feel.

She dropped her head into her hands, totally forgetting people surrounding her and watching her with widening eyes. How would she get out of that? Now he was there; maybe she should go back to Shanghai and give up her student exchange program, shouldn't she? But Inge could be disappointed, couldn't she? And she didn't necessarily want to give up that opportunity to give up such a beautiful experience!

She sighed and looked up.

Daoming Si still stared at her, smiling.

Her hurt fluttered again, and the warmth came to her cheeks that reddened deeply. She sputtered, pretending to choke with her food.

"I'm here, like you, Dong Shancai. I'm studying here." The Daoming's heir answered at last, delighted to see her reaction when she saw him.

Shancai pretended to wiper her mouth to hide her blushing face. The warmth became so intense she wanted to fan herself. "Are you doing a student exchange as well?" She asked, trying to keep some composure.

Daoming Si frowned, puzzled. Shancai put down slowly her napkin on the table, narrowing her eyes. "Daoming Si! If you're not doing an exchange, what are you doing here?" She asked again but more firmly.

The young man blushed in turn with embarrassment and scratched his ear. "Hmm – I thought it would be cool to come here, and I asked my mom to call the dean of the faculty to arrange everything for me. She thought I wanted to move away to clear my head so, she accepted."

They stared at each other, silent. "So, you followed me!" Shancai exclaimed, astounded, hesitating between anger and enthusiasm.

Daoming Si blushed even more and fidgeted, queasy. "Pff, no way! You've got wishful thinkings! I wanted to go to Copenhagen, that's all! Everything isn't about you, Dong Shancai!"