Daoming Si nunquam titillandus - Part 1: Magic

Hi everybody!

Here a new 3 parts story, each part being a prompt for the collab with

Dr-Cokebottles

evfabricando

monicacantwrite

JVH624

lindaisfangirling

Meggyhashope

Daphnecs8

rainingmeteors

Once again, I edited that story myself, I hope there are not too many mistakes and you'll enjoy it ^_^

Daoming Si nunquam titillandus – Part 1: Magic

On this September morning, Shancai woke up pretty soon. She spent a long moment watching London city waking, seeing the empty streets progressively livening up. The merchants of the district where she lived, Chinatown, always got up at dawn, sometimes even before the sun started rising, hurrying up in their shops, restaurants, until the first customers arrived.

At the foot of her bed, her belongings were already ready, all tidied in her two suitcases she brought in her 'boarding school'. Her black cat, Suzhi, disdainfully and uninterested watched her from the top of her little bookcase. She stared back at him, looking right into his deep green eyes.

"You still can hide, I would look for you, even if I had to use some magic on you!" She stopped talking a few seconds while her cat carried on taunting her. "I'm seventeen years old now, I'm major in the magical world – so I can use my wand if I wish!"

The cat seemed not caring at the least and Shancai couldn't help but discreetly sighed. It only remained a few hours before she had to leave for a new school year in what they decided to call 'the boarding school'.

She was eager to see her friends again, as well as her class, the school itself but – leaving her family, her home, tightened her heart every time and she had the feeling that someone was ripped a part of herself off. Sighing, she glanced at Suzhi; "You know I'll come back and I'll bring you with me no matter what happens, even if you claw me or bite me."

During a split second, she thought that the cat was shrugging, but she might be mind-blowing. She took a deep breath and decided to leave a moment the tiny familial flat to go to the restaurant on the lower floor, the one where her mother was working.

The restaurant owner, Yue Ji, usually energetic, was highly elated that day. Her daughter, Barbie Hsu Yan, came to visit her with her husband, Jerry Yan, and their little daughter Yan Hsu Dee. So, Yue bend over backward to worthily welcome them.

"It's not like it was the England Queen!" a waiter grumbled before running away in the kitchen to avoid the owner's attack.

Dong Lizi, Shancai's mother, already worked in the kitchen to cook her specialty, sweet and sour pork ribs, while their tiny corgi, Xiaoxi, slalomed between the tables like a crazy dog, chased by the laughing little Dee.