You left but still, you linger

Here a new prompt proposed by

JVH624

Meggyhashope

I hope you'll enjoy reading that new one shot and there are not too many mistakes.

Oh and, you can read it without fear  lindaisfangirling ! :D

You left but still, you linger

In the depth of her nightmares, Shancai saw over and over that scene under the rain, Daoming Si's pleading and deeply hurt look when he stared at her, trying desperately to hold her up, to make her change her mind. And she heard herself over and over answering him these terrible, cruel words she didn't think and she would never think.

She told him she never considered him as a normal man.

She told him she would have never left him if she had really loved him.

But, truth to be told, she thought the opposite. Finally, she admitted to herself her true feelings for him and she almost turned to cry what she felt for him under the rain, she almost yelled her despair, her sorrow, her inner tear.

But, as usual, she wanted to think about other people before herself. She couldn't make Xiaoyou, Qinghe and their family pay for that.

That was why she made that choice and that was why, today, Daoming Si's horrified and painful look haunted her.

She closed her eyes while the sun slowly went down on the horizon, coloring the seawater with shades of pink, red, orange, yellow and even purple while floating ship hulls' grinding rhythmed the air with their soft pendulum moves.

You're the one who left. She mentally told herself.

You left.

But still you linger, you're waiting for him, you can't help yourself.

Deep within her, in spite of her decision, she hoped he would barge in, yelling to her he would pursue her even if he had to go on Mars, and he should find some solutions.

Even if she tried to be strong, independent; tonight, she wanted her white knight, her prince charming, came to save her, the damsel in distress.

But she cruelly hurt him.

So why would he come?

She lost him, she knew it and she had to assume that.

In one of her hands, she tightened her meteor shaped necklace in her palm while on her other hand, she tirelessly stared at that picture where they both had their head leaning against each other, their face covered with drawings. It was a memory of that night, when Daoming Si suggested to her to play cards, giving pledges to the loser, for her to forget her stress before the cooking challenge.

"Daoming Si." She whispered to the sea, to the ships with incongruous names, to the seagulls who passed above her head, to her heart who seemed to be ready to crumble to the four winds.

"Daoming Si." She said again, hoping, in a childish way, that her whisper coming from the depth of her heart would reach him from kilometers away.

She loved him.

She loved him so much – that she would always wait for him.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned back and saw her mother's concerned look. For a moment, she wanted to bury herself in the comforting warmth of her hug, unleashing her sorrow.