Chapter 2 - What a damned long Night

" Riding through this world all alone ..."
The lyrics of some riding song drifts from the radio as Im cruising down the empty wide open road. Talls trees line both sides and the moon is high illuminating the road along with the headlight of my beast. Ive not got my helmet on , and i know thats dangerous but the compression on my head was giving me a headache . So i ditched it , not literally though my helmet is secured ontop of my duffle behind me on my bike.

Bobbing my head to the music playing , my long dark brown locks are whipping in the wild, even though its nights time ive got a pair of silver aviator shades sitting on my face, in the back of my mind i just know my hair is gonna be a huge pain in the ass to detangle. Letting out a little yawn, probably swallowing a bug in the process i pass a sign telling me im in some town called Pine Nettle in South Carolina. And its about damn time too , i need to fucking sleep im so tired. Ive been on the road since yesterday . and im dying for a greasy burger and a cold beer.
Im not the road for another 15 - 16 minutes before the edge of Pine Nettle comes into view. Slowing down a smidge to really take in the town at night i can tell its a small town. I pass a closed post office, a closed bakery, several other closed shopes and lot of cute little houses. This places seems nice , maybe ill chill here for a few days. I had spent a week in a farmer town up in North Carolina and had a blast , so im expecting this to be similar.
Continuing my cruise im in search of a hotel , motel or shit even a bar. It isnt till im deep in town that i spot a sign that reads ' Sally's B&B ' .
" Thank Fuck!" I mutter to myself amd turn down the road towards the B&B . And the gods are blessing me this night because there happens to be a bar across the street from the B&B thats open!.
Pulling into the lot of Sally's I hop off my bike and stand beside it stretching my legs and cracking my neck and back.
The sounds of music and chatter drift through the air, not loud and not exactly quiet either. I turn and cast a glance at the bar and see a few cars and some people mulling around outside , i shrug to myself and grab my duffle off the back of my bike amd make my way to the B&B.
For it to be open when all other establishments are closed must be a sign from the gods thats i need to sleep. When i step through the threshold of the door a little bell gingles and a stout woman looks up from the check in desk. Her hair up in a very tight looking bun and a set of reading glasses are perched on the very tip of her nose. She wears a high neck purple shirt with long sleeves that end with lace cuffs around her wrists . Her style to me seems a little old school, especially considering she dosent seem to be any older than I at 23.

We lock eyes for a brief second before she turns her attention back downwards , seemingly reading . As i slowly walk my way up to the desk i glace around me, the interior seeming very old victorian era decorated with frills and lace everywhere. The subtle echoing clank of my riding boots sound louder than life aginst the polised wooden floors. Stopping at the front of the desk, the purple woman glances up at me once again, i plaster on a megga watt smile and lay my ID and some cash on the desk,
" Excuse me Miss, could i perhaps attain a room here for tonight and a couple of days? "
The purple woman closes her book and smiles as well whilst looking up at me, them proceeds to pick up my ID , " Are you staying alone or is there more to your company ", she polietly says.
" Alone "
" Mm , very well we will set you up in a singles room then. Sign your name please", She says as she stands and opens a large book then hands me a pen. I quickly jot down " Ghost Killen ". Then had her back the pen. She hands my ID back to me then moves around behind the desk to open a drawer and retrives a key. She continues to walk around the desk and jestures for me to follow her. Not being able to help myself i check out the rest of her outfit. The purple blouse is tucked into a plain black pencil skirt that show cases her very round ass and black flats adoren her feet. She stands a few inches shorter than me at approx 4ft 11in. Where as i stand at 5ft 5in.
Leading me down a hallway we exit a door and walk through a simple court yard and then enter another door and then make a stop infront of a door labled S7. She hands me the key and bids me a good night. However before she can walk away i call out to her,
" Miss is there perhaps parking closer to the rooms, i dont like leaving my bike all the way out front ".
She tells me that there is and all i had to do was take a left in the court yard and there is a lot just there. I thank her and she continues to walk away.
Unlocking the door to the room and stepping inside i look around and it seems like a normal bedroom with 2 doors , for which i presume to be a closet and a bathroom. Dropping my duffle onto the bed i dig through it for a different t shirt and pull off the one on my body and pull on the clean one.
Just as im tiying my hair up into a pony tail my stomach rumbles, remind me that i need food. So with that i leave the room locking the door and head out the way i came in. Giving a short wave to the purple woman who is back to sitting at the check in desk reading.
Emerging from the B&B out into the night i take a deep breath, enjoying the cool air. Walking up to be bike i dig in a saddle bag for my watch and the time reads 11:45pm . Well damn, i think to myself. Looking up at the bar i stuff my watch back into my saddle bag , deciding to leave my bike out front while i walk over to the bar, that way i can still see it.
I glance both ways down the road before i walk across it, and continue across the bars lot ignoring the drunken calls from those lingering out side. Approaching the door a sign hangs on it reading ' Big Bears Bar and Grill' .Pulling the heavy wooden door open Im greeted the with scent of stale beer, grilled food and cigarettes. The music inside the bar is quite loud but not deafening. Walking into the bar i get a few glances from the patrons , most are drunk young males and old men , there are some women littering around the bar. Some look to be either a trollop, others you can tell are with their boyfriends, maybe husbands.
Walking up to the bar and sitting in a stool , i pull out a 50$ and order a buger and some friends a a beer from the attractive male bartender. He gives me a once over and then smiles ,
" Sure thing sugar."
Taking the 50$ he moves behind the bar and i turn in my seat and look out at the crowd, all of whome have gone back to doing whatever they had been doing before my arrival. After getting a good look at the bar, it seemes like a biker bar without the bikers i turn back around in my seat as the 'tender sets down my food infront of me and pops the cap of my beer and hands it over .
I smile , " thank you ...?"
" Names Kyle little miss and much obliged. You ain't from around these parts are you " he asks , throwing a hand towel over his shoulder.
" Well thank you Kyle, my names Ghost. And no im just passing through , might stay for a while though."
" Ghost? Interesting name you got little miss. Well i do hope our little town finds you well."
" Thanks Kyle ", i chuckle.
Kyle walks off behind the bar and i take a swig of my beer and dig into the food infront of me. Thanking the gods to finally get something in my stomach.

I had just polished off the food, and Kyle took the basket from me and had ordered another beer, when i heard it. The sound of a large group of Harleys just outside the bar, only dampened slightly by the music inside the bar. It was like something had come over the crowd when everyone heard the bikes outside. Some even high tailed it right out the door while other seemed to sober up. I looked all around the bar in confusion. When the sounds outside cut, the music was turned up a lot louder and the people seemed to flip a switch from sublte to wild.

And then the door flew open.

In walked a group of large leather clad men all acting rowdy. They scattered across the bar, some going to tables others to the pool tables and a few to the other end of the bar. All the men wore leather cuts , and im not stupid i knew that it was an MC. Just as i was about to turn around in my stool the final man walked in. And he was truly a sight to see.
He stood well over 6ft and had a beard , his hair was in a little bun ponytail both sides of his head shaved to give him a faux hawk. Wearing a white tee with blue jeans and a leather cut. His arms visibly covered in tattoos , and his face could only be described as savagely handsome.
His expression was that of calculating, eyes sweeping the entire establishment lingering for a second on me without meeting my gaze. When he took his first step in, i turned back around in my seat to drink my beer.