Chapter 15.5 :On the Road again

After leaving Pine Nettle the night of the wedding Rose had rode for 3 days straight. She wasnt sure where exactly she was going but she only knew that it felt like her heart was bleeding. The oain didnt last too long thoough, as soon as it had hit her. She had shived it all down deep inside her snd instead focused in the free air filling her lungs.
She felt like a teenager again, only this time she didnt have to go back. Sure Killer meant somethung to her, and she had found kinship in Tabby, but just lioe the shadows of her old life, she would leave them behind too.

It was day 4 on the road when the sun rose over the horizon and a truck stop shone in the morning light like a holy grail blessed with divinity. She pulled up to a gass pump, cutting the engine and sat there for a moment. She had been wearing the same clothes since she left, and she felt dirty. Dismounting her bike she walked on up to the glass doors of the truck stop and inside she was greeted with a dingy pilot station with a Dennys attached of all things, but that was good, it meant a city or town was not too far down the road.
Browsing the aisles Rose picked up a bag of chips, a bottle of Gatorade and some gum. At the counter the woman rang up the items less than enthusiasticly, Rose also paid for gass and went back out to her bike sitting lonesome at the pump. Sittung in her bike as the nozzle ppured gass into her tank, she ate her chips and cast her gaze out. Trucks slowly began filing unto the wide lot, she noticed a sign for bathrooms and showers. The highway she has been on had more cars on it now in the early morning that when she had been on it at dawn.
The click of the gass valve had her looking at the running numbers stopped, she finished her chips and pulled the nozzle fron her tanks and closed it up. Rolling her bike to the front parking space. She made her way to the bathrooms , in an effort to scope of if it was worth showering or foregoing. It was disgusting and not worth the tramua, Rose told herself she'd rather wait. And instead got back in her bike and rumbled out of the truck stop and back onto the road. Riding on into whatever city or town waiting her .

...

It had now been almost a month since she had left Pine Nettle, and life on the road had been as it had always been to her. But now things were changing, Rose just couldnt seem to stay away from mc men.
She was in Miami now, it wss where she mad met him, Caltoro, was his name. He happened to be the President of the Miami Vipers MC. They had met when she had rolled her bike into his shop, not knowing it was a club affiliated place, she had simply needed a tune up and didnt have the tools to do it herself. Unfortunately she would have to leave her bike there and that left her leaving the shop on foot. She had been coming out as he was coming in and they had collided. He wasnt the most attractive man she had ever seen, but he was still above a solid 10. She couldnt help but compare him to another biker president.

The two had hit it off and had even soent a few nights tabgled in sheets together. Caltoro had become very attached to her, alarmingly attached.
And it all went to shit the day she had decided to push on. Her bike had been long fixed but she stayed around for the fun she had partying with the Vipers and the fun she had with Caltoro, but she knew he was growing feelings for her. And Rose didnt like that one bit.

It wasnt until she was running for her life with his men on her ass, just how intense his feelibgs for her had become. She was alone, injured and frabkly scared. Bur she was in Miami, snd she had only one person she knew she could call who was in Miami, and his name was Ian.

Rose had called Ian, turns out he was in Italy on a job. But he had sent her backup and a jet. His men came in and cut loose her tail before getting her and her bike on a jet . Then it was sinoly to meet up with Ian thank him and move on, or so she thought.

Rose felt some kind of way about seeing Ian again after so many years. He had been her partner in crime during her teenage years. The two went back decades and were always looking out for ine another. He had been there when she met Caleb, he hsd been there when her parents died. Hell she had even given up her virginity to him, but they were never romantically involved in their youth. And the both had a perfecr understanding of one another.

However it had been years since she had last seen him, their last encounter hadnt been pleasent or friendlg, and so Rose knew nothing of what she had willingly walked herself into.

Ian had greeted her when she stepped from the jet in the confines of the private hanger. Dressed in some back jeans and a grey tshirt, his eyes were consealed by silver mirrored shades, his arms covered in ink she knew so well wrapped around her in greeting before they stuffed themselves unto the black SUV that sat idle waiting.

" How you been Ro", Ian asked leaned back in his seat, glasses tossed beside him.

" Oh...", She drawled out with a huff.

Ian chuckled before sitting up right, he clapsed hus hand snd opened his mouth as if to say somethung before shaking his head and smiled and leaned back in his seat.

" Oh spit it out Eyes, you aint ever been shy before", Rose spoke getting more comfotable in her seat as the driver got in and the engine started.

The SUV oulled out of the private hanger and into the bright Italian sun.

" Its good to see you Ro, you look good", He spoke eyeing her up and down.

That was how he had gotten his nick name, Eyes, always watching her.
Rose snorted and raised a brow at him," You mean im still alive." Her blunt bored tone caused him to shake with a silent laugh.

" Damn Ro, as cold as ever, oh! How ive missed you."

" Yeah yeah, ive missed you too goof", Rose couldn't help the smile on her lips. She had missed this crazy man and didnt even realize it til now. Til stubbornly bantering with him .

[*Filler Chapter again, just for some info*]